Tutor Employment Opportunities
To be eligible to tutor, you must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Redlands, have completed the course you wish to tutor with a minimum grade of 3.3 (or equivalent evaluation), have a faculty recommendation in the subject(s) you wish to tutor (form provided during application process), and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Please review the subject tutor job description below.
If you are interested in tutoring for any of our current openings (courses listed below), please contact email@example.com. If you meet the requirements for a current opening, an interview will be scheduled. Tutor training is provided for all hired tutors.
- ACCT 210/220 (Financial Acct & Reporting/ Principles of Managerial Accounting)
- ARAB 101-202 (First Year through Second Year Arabic)
- BIOL 200/201 (Principles of Bio: Unity & Diversity/ Principles of Bio: Mol/Cell & Gen)
- BIOL 238 (Ecology, Evolution & Behavior)
- BIOL 239 (Molecular Genetics & Heredity)
- CHEM 131/132 (General Chemistry)
- CHEM 231/232 (Organic Chemistry)
- CHNS 101-402 (First Year through Fourth Year Mandarin)
- GRMN 101-302 (First Year through Third Year German)
- PSYC 250/300 (Statistical Methods/ Research Methods)
Peer Writing Tutor - Application Closed
(Application Deadline Extended through Friday, February 25th at 5pm!!!! Applications due February 21, 2022 at 5pm)
The office of Academic Success is accepting Peer Writing Tutor applications for the 2022-2023 academic year.
We are looking for dedicated undergraduate students to become Writing Tutors who will help their peers become better writers. We are seeking applicants of all majors/disciplines, including the Johnston Center. Bilingual/biliterate students are strongly encouraged to apply. Tutors work a set schedule of 6-10 hours each week and attend regular staff meetings. This is a paid position, and starts at $15.75 per hour.
To be considered:
- you must be a full-time undergraduate student
- you will need to have at least 32 credits completed (sophomore standing) by Fall 2022
- you should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent evaluations
- you will need a faculty member to recommend you during the application process
- you will be required to take a 4-unit training course (ENGL 308, Mentoring College Writers) during the Fall 2022 semester (3.0 grade required to continue in the position).
- you will need to be able to work 6 - 10 hours per week
- you must commit to the full 2022-2023 academic year
Those interested are encouraged to schedule an appointment with a writing tutor at redlands.mywconline.com to see what a session is like. Most writing tutors do have sessions with each other, because all writers need readers. You can also talk with current tutors to learn more about expectations, what they like about the work, what they find challenging, etc. This will provide you a deeper understanding of the job for your application and interview.
- Complete the Peer Writing Tutor application (supported browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac/iOS).
- Select and contact a faculty member who will be able to evaluate you as a writer and your ability to work with others. Inform your faculty reference that they will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to review your application. Your application will not be received by our office until the faculty reference completes the evaluation.
- Select a short (two- to three-page) written sample of work that you've completed within the past year. Attach a pdf of your writing sample to your application (Note: pdf document titles cannot include the number symbol "#").
- Submit your application to your faculty reference for review.
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com once your application has been received by our office. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, reach out to your faculty reference.
All applications are due by 5pm on Friday, February 25th.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.