PSYC 250/300 (Statistical Methods/ Research Methods)
Peer Writing Tutor (Applications due March 8th at 5pm) (CLOSED TO NEW APPLICATIONS)
The office of Academic Success is accepting Peer Writing Tutor applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
We are looking for dedicated undergraduate students to become Writing Tutors who will help their peers become better writers, no matter what major they are studying. Tutors work a set schedule of 6-10 hours each week and attend regular staff meetings. The position is paid at $14.75 per hour. To be considered, all tutors should have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA or equivalent evaluations, and all hired tutors will be required to take a 4-unit training course (ENGL 308, Mentoring College Writers) during the Fall 2021 semester (3.0 grade required).
Those interested are encouraged to schedule an appointment with a writing tutor at redlands.mywconline.com to see what a session is like. Most writing tutors do have sessions with each other, because all writers need readers. You can also talk with current tutors to learn more about expectations, what they like about the work, what they find challenging, etc. This will provide you a deeper understanding of the job for your application and interview.
1. Complete the Peer Writing Tutor application here (supported browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac/iOS).
2. Select and contact a faculty member who will be able to evaluate you as a writer and your ability to work with others. Inform your faculty reference that they will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to review your application. Your application will not be received until the faculty reference completes the evaluation.
3. Select a short (two- to three-page) written sample of work that you've completed in one of your college courses within the past year. Attach a pdf of your writing sample to your application (Note: pdf document titles cannot include the number symbol "#").
4. Submit your application to your faculty reference for review.
5. You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com once your application has been received. If you do not receive confirmation within 48 hours, reach out to your faculty reference.
All applications are due by 5pm on Monday, March 8th.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.