ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Regional Admissions Counselor-Rocky Mountain Region
(Assistant/Associate/Sr. Associate Director)
POSITION CODE: 4136
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts and Sciences Admissions
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One (1) year
POSTING DATE: February 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Regionally based in the state of Colorado, the regional admissions counselor is responsible for the recruitment of both first-year and transfer students to the College of Arts and Sciences from the Rocky Mountain States of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming. Other recruitment areas may be assigned based on institutional needs. This position works with the admissions team to develop and implement recruiting initiatives to meet application and enrollment goals, and conducts review of both first-year and transfer applicants from the assigned region. Additionally, this regional counselor is responsible for representing the University of Redlands to multiple constituencies, including prospective students, families, and school/community personnel. This position requires the incumbent to work from a home office in Colorado with preference given to applicants residing or willing to reside near the metro Denver area.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Travel extensively, including weeknights and weekends (approximately 6 weeks in the fall and 3 weeks in the spring) to promote University of Redlands to prospective first-year and transfer students to meet University enrollment goals.
• Set recruitment goals for assigned region and be innovative and competitive in individual and territorial programming, and share successes with the overall admissions team while being attentive to the cost effectiveness of recruitment activity.
• Counsel, advise, and maintain positive contact with prospective students and their families regarding admission requirements, financial aid and scholarships, and student life.
• Present to large and small groups.
• Schedule visits to high schools, community colleges and community-based organizations, coordinate pre-visit calls and correspondence, make travel arrangements, conduct information sessions, and follow up with students, faculty, and staff contacted during visits via phone calls, letters, and email.
• Manage and develop recruitment strategies in conjunction with overall recruitment goals; review and analyze data to determine schools, fairs, and events to attend/visit; and review and analyze data to effectively recruit students to meet University objectives.
• Establish and maintain relationships with high school guidance counselors and community-based organizations in the Rocky Mountain region.
• Use effective time management skills to balance logistical challenges of running a regional office with enrollment and recruitment goals and expectations.
• Follow up in a timely manner with internal and external constituents.
• Complete reports related to recruitment, travel, and special programs as assigned.
• Represent the University of Redlands as an active participant in the Rocky Mountain Association for College Admissions Counseling (RMACAC) and Regional Officers of Admission of the Rockies (ROAR), as well as other professional networks.
• Effectively utilize technology, including social media, to disseminate information to prospective students and to enhance the efficient functioning of the Office of Admissions.
Admission & Scholarship Review
• Review applications for first-year and transfer (as necessary) admission.
• Participate in review of first-year and transfer candidates for scholarships.
• Attend and assist with the planning and execution of events and activities on behalf of the Office of Admissions as needed and assigned, including providing event coverage for key yield and reception programs.
• Work closely with our alumni network in the Rocky Mountain region to create recruitment programs and yield receptions.
• Manage home office duties which include storing and tracking inventory of recruitment materials. Responsible for issued equipment (ex: laptop, printer, etc.).
• Travel and work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Travel back to campus for training, campus-based recruitment events, and other meetings as needed and assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years’ experience in admissions or similarly related work is required.
• Two (2) years of professional admissions recruitment experience or similar professional experience in higher education.
• Must have strong computer skills as this position will work heavily in a CRM system.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that include professional and motivational communication, public speaking, and relationship building.
• Experience working effectively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail, and produce desired results.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated success clearly and consistently reporting on programs, tasks and initiatives and following up with internal and external constituents in a timely manner.
• Significant level of independent judgment and autonomy in regard to work planning; local representation of the University to thousands of students, families, counselors, and other key staff at secondary schools and community colleges; expert counseling of students and families; and application of University admissions policy through holistic admission review.
Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE