POSITION: FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR (SFS COORDINATOR)
POSITION CODE: 4340
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours, Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.64
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) months
POSTING DATE: April 12, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 26, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides counseling on all aspects of financial aid awarding and billing to students within the assigned caseload. Responsible for maintaining the students’ financial aid records in compliance with Federal, State, and Institutional policy. Resolves complex billing and financial aid issues and takes proactive steps to counsel students about their payment options.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Delivers accurate and courteous service to current and prospective students in person, on the phone, and via email regarding financial aid awards, payment options, and collection of payments.
• Manages SFS email account, provides a professional first point of contact, and distributes emails as needed.
• Provides outreach to students to assist with completion of missing documents and information and ensures payment arrangements are made before deadlines.
• Manages accounts receivable reporting and communication for assigned caseload of students.
• Administers and educates students on payment plans for specific programs.
• Responsible for working with other departments on campus and outside agencies effectively and appropriately to identify and resolve complex billing issues, financial aid eligibility, and program-specific issues.
• Utilizes reports and computer systems (Ellucian Colleague) as needed to verify award eligibility and billing accuracy.
• Certifies Parent PLUS, Grad PLUS, and alternative loans for assigned caseload of students.
• Reviews reports and preps files for completion of R2T4 process for assigned caseload of students.
• Communicates and educates students on Financial Literacy, loan debt, and loan repayment options.
• Participates in ongoing training, staff development, and communication with other departments to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students in the best way possible.
• Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields; and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Must possess proficiency with numbers; possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, along with a high level of independent judgment and strong customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, supervision, students and outside service representatives; interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; exercise initiative in organizing and completing assignments independently and in seeking new ways to improve processes. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER