ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Integrated Marketing
POSITION CODE: 4186
DEPARTMENT: School of Business
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative, 12 month
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: January 29, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Job Summary: The Director of Integrated Marketing for the School of Business at University of Redlands is responsible for devising, developing, and implementing integrated marketing and communication plans designed to support and advance the strategic vision and enrollment goals of the School.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing, executing, and assessing integrated communications and marketing programs at a university or similar setting, ideally for a School of Business, and will possess sufficient technical skills to manage social media campaigns, Web page design/editing, etc. Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Business, this individual will be integral to School marketing in support of enrollment and alumni outreach goals, and will coordinate with other offices responsible for contributing to the School’s success: Graduate & Professional Enrollment, University Communications, Development, and Alumni Relations.
The duties of the Director of Integrated Marketing include (but are not limited to):
• Develop or oversee external consultant’s development of, implement, and monitor effectiveness and results of an overall integrated marketing and communication plan designed to promote the vision, mission, enrollment goals, and achievements of the School of Business, in alignment with School and overall University strategic plans.
• Collaborate with and help coordinate efforts and information among the Dean’s office, Graduate & Professional Enrollment, University Communications, and our two external digital marketing partners/vendors for student recruitment.
• Oversee digital integrated marketing campaign execution with Graduate & Professional Enrollment team.
• Formalize and ensure consistency of School messaging across all campuses and events, and throughout all marketing materials and efforts.
• Manage requests and create new print collateral (brochures, flyers, etc.), working closely with Graduate & Professional Enrollment and University Communications on production schedules.
• Contribute to and edit Dean and faculty communications used in Enrollment’s Customer Relationship Management system, including application decision letters, atmospheric emails, event pushes, etc.
• Manage and maintain Web pages and campaign/social media programs associated with the School’s integrated marketing programs.
• Research, identify stories, and draft content for dissemination through Web sites, social media and new media campaigns, and traditional media.
• Collaborate on School goals and strategies for obtaining external media placements and coordinate media interview scheduling with University Communications.
• Contribute to marketing special event programming and execution.
• Seize promotional opportunities and develop the strategic content to support them (e.g., for major conferences and their associated social media and Web presences).
• Help keep projects on track, especially by routing marketing materials for awareness, review, and/or required approvals by all parties.
• Own profile and “brand management” for the School, working with University Communications as needed.
• Manage and develop the Dean’s and faculty’s involvement in programs recruitment and events collateral, working with Enrollment team and University Communications and/or external vendors. This includes writing, reviewing, and editing copy and creative content.
• Support Dean’s and Dean’s Office communication needs for School/University events and activities.
• Work with all stakeholders to provide consistent and timely data, information, and updates on School marketing activity and results.
• Updating website, monitoring website and SEO.
• Review effectiveness of strategic efforts on an ongoing basis with Dean/Associate Dean and Enrollment leadership to determine needed changes.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities simultaneous and skilled in project management
• Traveling to regional campuses and attend University events outside business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) is required.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Entry into the applicant pool requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or relevant field, plus minimum of five (5) years of experience in integrated marketing and communications. Will consider advanced relevant degree in lieu of two (2) of five (5) years’ experience. Experience in/knowledge of graphic design and/or Web design. Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and organizational skills, attention to detail, and quality control/proofreading skills required. Knowledge of content/style editing and copywriting. Knowledge of social media trends, strategy, and applications and ability to manage online content. Preferred qualifications: experience in college and university setting, business school experience preferred; recent relevant enrollment experience; knowledge of customer relations management system, and project management tools. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER