POSITION: Associate Director for Admissions Marketing and Communications
POSITION CODE: 4314
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts and Sciences, Office of Undergraduate Admissions
LOCATION: Redlands, CA.
MONTHS/HOURS: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 5, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: This position will lead in the development, implementation and execution of marketing and communications to support recruitment efforts. This position will oversee print, email, social media, and digital marketing campaigns for prospective students, parents, counselors and other community partners. Reporting to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, this position will serve as a member of the admissions team responsible for recruiting and enrolling an academically strong and diverse community from the U.S and abroad.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with admissions staff in the design and implementation of integrated marketing efforts in support of recruitment initiatives and goals.
• Manage concept, design, execution, and performance analytics for student name buy campaigns.
• Manage, maintain and review analytics for Undergraduate Admissions web pages.
• Oversee and create campaigns for admissions social media channels including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
• Manage, create and maintain print collateral such as brochures, postcards, flyers, etc. working closely with our University Communications department.
• Identify, research, and write student stories for dissemination through web sites, social media and print.
• Collaborate with and help coordinate efforts and information among the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, VP of Enrollment, University Communications, and external digital marketing partners/vendors for student recruitment.
• Oversee digital integrated marketing campaign execution.
• Review and assist in the creation of all external communications to include: information session presentations, tour guide script, and presentations at events, etc.
• Create and execute segmented communication plans that target all phases of the admissions funnel for prospective students and for key influencers.
• Seize promotional opportunities and develop the strategic content to support them (e.g., for major conferences and their associated social media and web presences).
• Manage the design and ordering of promotional items in collaboration with the visit manager.
• Work closely with events committee to ensure that our branding and messaging is consistent in all recruitment and yield events.
• Review effectiveness of strategic efforts on an ongoing basis with team to determine needed changes.
• Evenings, weekends and some out of area travel may be required.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of professional admissions experience or similarly related work in higher education or marketing/communications required.
• Experience writing, copy editing and creating content.
• Experience working in a communications role that supports recruitment, enrollment management and/or admissions activities required.
• Demonstrated experience managing and executing across multiple communications and marketing channels and media; highly developed skills in communications: creating content, writing and copyediting.
• Demonstrated computer competency to include design programs (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign), email marketing tools, and analytics software.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that include professional and motivational communication, public speaking, and relationship building.
• Ability to produce high quality deliverables with attention to detail.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Experience working effectively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage effectively multiple priorities, pay attention to detail, and produce desired results.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems and initiate and implement projects independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated success clearly and consistently reporting on programs, tasks and initiatives and following up with internal and external constituents in a timely manner.
• Significant level of independent judgment and autonomy in regards to work planning.
• Representation of the University to prospective students, families, counselors, and other key staff at secondary schools and community colleges.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to adapt and shift priorities as needed.
• Ability to travel. Must have a valid drivers’ license, ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Submit University of Redlands Administrator application
• Communications portfolio to include samples of written communication, social media campaigns and/or print will be requested from final candidates
• References list
Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER