POSITION: Assistant to the Vice President, Advancement
POSITION CODE: 4337
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement
MONTHS/HOURS: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: April 5, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision provides senior level administrative support and functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and implementation of the operations in the Office of the Vice President of Advancement. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains the Vice President’s calendar, including scheduling, and prioritizing as needed, organizing daily agenda, follow-up and action items; provides coordination and organizational support for meetings hosted or chaired by the VP; works closely with the President’s Office to coordinate joint activities and programs between that office and the Vice President’s office. Coordinates and arranges conferences and travel; coordinates appointments and meetings with direct reports, donors, trustees, faculty and others both inside and outside the University community; provides frequent assistance in person or over the telephone.
• Serves as a steward of highly confidential information and acts as a trustworthy liaison between the Office of Advancement and internal and external stakeholders.
• Coordinates advancement related events, meetings and activities with the Office of the President; preparing briefings and providing logistical support in the execution of these activities.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the division, including: filing, preparing purchasing orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports; processing out going and in-coming mail; ordering and maintaining office supply inventory; prepares correspondence, reports, forms, preparing power-point and presentation slide decks and other documents in support of the department’s activities; types, provides supervision, training, instruction, for student employees.
• Supports data analysis activities; contributes to data reports; collects, compiles and distributes data and reports to the V.P., cabinet, various University constituents and outside vendors; maintains and tracks departmental budgets for the several departments within University Relations, plus commencement, using a developed computerized spreadsheet program; provides budget support; and accesses online budgets to monitor and collect budget information.
• Reconciles and processes a significant amount of outside vendor billing, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
• Assists with the staffing and support of Advancement related Board of Trustee committees, such as the Advancement Committee and Campaign Committee. Responsible for follow-up on action of committees, to ensure that decisions are implemented, and appropriate parties are notified.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) years of additional course work. A minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination of education and experience thereof is required. Considerable knowledge of office procedures, methods and techniques; word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred). Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; possess proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive situations and materials; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty, students, and other constituencies. Successful candidate must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills; and competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, trustees and constituencies.
In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER