POSITION: Assistant Director of Student Financial Services
POSITION CODE: 4338
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: April 12, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for processing, compliance and regulatory issues with regard to billing, invoicing, accounts receivable and cash management. Acts as a key member of the Student Financial Services leadership team providing management and leadership to the office. Provides counseling and guidance to students, parents, faculty and the public relative to student billing and payment options.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides support and leadership for the Student Financial Services Office, with emphasis on compliance with federal cash management regulations, accounts receivable management, and customer service.
• Manages relationship with all Sponsor Billing partnerships, including partnership building, student communication, invoicing, reconciliation, and collection.
• Oversees billing, invoicing and collections for all student populations.
• Troubleshoots and manages AR module and resolves billing errors.
• Oversees the credit balance refund process and ensures compliance with 14-day federal regulation and institutional policy.
• Negotiates and reviews accounts with collection agencies and attorney for final settlement and/or disposition of accounts in collections.
• Perform analysis to determine the status and collectability of accounts and loan receivables, status of loan funds, cash flow projections and forecasts.
• Manages relationship with collection agencies and loan servicers for all accounts.
• Stays current on federal regulations with respect to loans, disbursement of federal funds, reconciling, cash management and processing of credit balances.
• Takes appointments, and counsels current and prospective students and families concerning awards and payment options, including terms and conditions of various loan programs, debt management.
• Manages Federal Direct Loan, Perkins Loan and institutional loans cohort default rate, including communication and outreach to students.
• Supervises the Billing Specialist and Accounts Receivable Specialist positions.
• Makes processing decisions that support the policies and goals of the University.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree, plus a minimum of one (1) year experience in student aid, higher education administration or in a related field that requires the management of student accounts, collections and cash management, or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
Successful candidates will have similar experience demonstrating a high level of independent thinking and judgment. Candidates will have a strong background managing student accounts and receivables. Must have excellent organization and analytical skills and be detail oriented; strong technical ability to understand different types of software; ability to enforce policy. Accounts receivable experience in a higher education environment, with knowledge of rules and regulations as they pertain to Federal Title IV funding strongly preferred. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER