ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Project Specialist
POSITION CODE: 4286
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts and Sciences
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months, M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
POSTING DATE: February 8, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 22, 2019, 2:00 pm
DESCRIPTION: The Project Specialist supports assessment, online course evaluations, and data processes for the College of Arts and Sciences (CAS). This includes working closely with CAS Dean’s Office administrators and staff, as well as faculty, to promote effective practices for managing processes. Typical tasks include constructing and editing databases, communicating clearly to different groups, monitoring resources, and performing research. The Project Specialist is vital to the CAS Dean’s Office making informed decisions based on valid, accurate, and up-to-date data. Reports directly to the CAS Dean.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinating assessment data collection, archiving, and dissemination to and from CAS departments, programs, or committees;
• Coordinating online course evaluation data collection, archiving, and dissemination with CAS faculty;
• Managing the online adjunct contracting system with CAS department coordinators, the Executive Assistant to the CAS Dean, and the CAS Dean;
• Collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data in preparation for analytical reports using appropriate software;
• Designing and/or developing specific databases or collecting, tracking, and reporting research data;
• Assisting with CAS Dean’s Office activities, functions, and projects;
• Guiding and training staff or student employees, as needed;
• Performing other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
• A high school diploma supplemented with two (2) years of degree seeking coursework is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience with managing databases and producing data analytical reports is required.
• Demonstrated ability to create, revise, and communicate data using Microsoft Excel is required.
• Preference will be given to candidates with the ability to multitask and prioritize work according to deadlines while staying focused on daily tasks, and the capacity to work effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
• Highly desired is the ability to ethically handle confidential information inherent in CAS Dean’s Office work.
Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. They must be able to work both independently and as a part of a team to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER