ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Postal & Office Services Manager (REPOST)
POSITION CODE: 4302
DEPARTMENT: Office Services
MONTHS/HOURS: Full time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: November 1, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services, the Postal & Office Services Manager will direct the operations and facilities related to the planning, organization, budget and administration of the University’s mail services including both University and student mail and the USPS Contract Unit. Develops and maintains a professional working partnership with the local and district United States Postal Service offices to fulfill the University’s diverse mailing requirements. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, hands-on assistance, guidance, and support to staff in the daily operations of all areas that include University mail, supplies, purchasing, and Student Mail Center / USPS Contract Postal unit.
- Proven knowledge of all aspects of mailing practices, USPS postal regulations, laws and overnight shipping guidelines.
- Ability to integrate technology into existing operations.
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with federal laws governing proper and legal use of campus mail delivery services.
- Oversight of the Student Information Systems screens as they pertain to Student Mail Center input and maintenance responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to staff responsible for the University’s office supply procurement and purchase order generation.
- Provide training and assistance in meeting University campus office supply needs.
- Oversee the Purchasing Module in Datatel/Colleague.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor's degree (related experience in lieu of education will be accepted). A minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible management, leadership and postal services experience is required. Postal service experience includes a working knowledge of USPS postal regulations and services. Valid driver's license is required. The successful candidate will be highly organized, efficient, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining composure at all times. Able to work cooperatively and effectively across campus, and various vendors. Must also demonstrate a high degree of leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management, effective budget management and problem solving skills; have a strong commitment to customer service and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Selected candidate will possess a valid driver’s license and demonstrate a good driving record with a current DMV printout after offer of employment. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.