ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Head Men’s Water Polo Coach
POSITION CODE: 4608
DEPARTMENT: Athletics / Physical Education
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-Time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2020
POSTING DATE: January 21, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, directs all aspects of a NCAA Division III men’s water polo program.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for recruitment of qualified student-athletes for the University of Redlands and participation in the men’s water polo program.
• Responsible for hiring, supervision, evaluation and oversight of the men’s water polo coaching staff, including one full-time assistant coach position shared with the women’s water polo program.
• Responsible for the scheduling of competitions and other duties associated with execution of the men’s water polo schedule.
• Responsible for budget administration and fundraising for the men’s water polo program.
• Responsible for ensuring all facets of the men’s water polo program, including staff, student-athletes and others associated with program maintain compliance with all NCAA, SCIAC conference, and University rules and regulations at all times.
• Additional responsibilities will include a collateral departmental administrative assignment to be performed in support of programs and the department and/or teaching of physical education activity courses. Such assignment will be determined by the strengths, skills, and experience of the successful candidate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree preferred. The ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the university and to relate effectively with various constituent groups is required. Candidates must have a clear understanding of the Division III philosophy and the role of physical education and athletics within a private, liberal arts academic setting. A minimum of four (4) years of coaching experience is required; preference given to candidates with previous head coaching experience and / or collegiate coaching experience. Successful candidate must have the ability to provide leadership and direction for staff, student-athletes, and university community utilizing the aquatics facility. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER