ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of the School of Continuing Studies
POSITION CODE: 4622
DEPARTMENT: School of Continuing Studies
LOCATION: Redlands, Main Campus
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: March 4, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: The Director of the School of Continuing Studies manages the recruitment and enrollment of new University of Redlands students at the School of Continuing Studies. The Director of the School of Continuing Studies reports to the Provost and collaborates regularly with deans of the Schools of Education, Business, The College of Arts and Sciences, and the Graduate School of Theology.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Provides leadership for the School of Continuing Studies.
• Serves on the Provost Council and prepares reports for Academic Affairs, including the Academic Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees.
• Provides leadership in relationship, marketing and new program development.
• Supervises the Enrollment Counselor and Administrative Manager of the School of Continuing Studies.
• Works collaboratively with the Registrar to ensure that curriculum development and records are accurate and provided in a timely manner.
• Supports the School of Continuing Studies Curriculum Committee.
• Manages the department budget.
• Responsible for the instructional design of the School of Continuing Studies courses. This includes having instructional design competence, doing instructional design for courses within the School of Continuing Studies and supporting faculty instructional design for School of Continuing Studies.
• Monitors enrollments using multiple measures; develops and implements appropriate recruitment activities and events; provides regular forecasts, enrollment and detailed analysis as needed regarding inquiry and applicant pools and enrollment actuals.
• Collaborate with the University’s deans, enrollment directors, campus directors, campus staff, and regional academic directors as needed to ensure successful enrollment events, understand competitive forces, plan and coordinate regional outreach, etc.
• Collaborates regularly with the VP for Enrollment and the Chief Information Officer, or their delegates to ensure dissemination, goal congruence and consistency of all University narratives, messaging, decisions and policies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree is required. A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience is required. The successful candidate will show evidence of leadership skills including: initiative/resourcefulness, problem-solving and decision-making; ability to train, mentor, and build successful teams; ability to ensure leadership by example, vision, and tone-at-the-top. Possess the ability to balance multiple, concurrent priorities, stay organized and remain focused; project manage, and produce deliverables on deadline. Must have a strong motivation and positive teamwork attitude, strong interpersonal skills, well-developed written and spoken communication skills. Strong quantitative and analytical abilities required; experience working with data sets is highly desirable. Must demonstrate the ability to be creative and flexible; to work independently, and to competently interact with a diverse population of deans, faculty, University leadership, administrators and staff, as well as external partners and constituents. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands application at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909/748-8040 OR VISIT: https://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER