POSITION: Assistant Director of Student Involvement and Success
POSITION CODE: 4318
DEPARTMENT: Student Affairs – Student Involvement and Success
APPOINTMENT: 12 Month Contract, Full-Time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Director of Student Involvement and Success (SIS) is an integral position for the department and Student Affairs. The position will assist in planning, promoting, and managing logistics and communications of a broad spectrum of campus activities and programs which will cultivate a vibrant/active social life and help to nurture student engagement for the 3,100 undergraduates and 1,800 graduate students of the University of Redlands.
The Student Involvement and Success team supports students in the development and ongoing achievement of their co-curricular educational goals through best practices aligned with a curriculum and programming model responsive to student needs and reflective of the division’s philosophy, Learning Applied. Many of these tasks will be done by managing Presence, an online campus engagement network for students and the University of Redlands App.
Serving as a member of the SIS team, all members will demonstrate accountability, initiative, ownership, pride, and maximize resources to provide robust programs, services, advising, and trainings. Office Hours are assigned to each member of the team during University business hours.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Co-supervises, with the Director, four undergraduate interns. In addition to supervision of student staff, the SIS Assistant Director is responsible for assisting with the coordination, planning, communication, and logistics of weekend programming, major student events and new student programming.
• Oversee the functioning of clubs and organizations, including their campus use/reservation processes.
• Responsible for developing innovative and creative programming and activities to meet the needs of students, and develop a well-rounded activities calendar, in collaboration with Student Activities.
• Provide advising, leadership, and program support to various areas within ASUR and SIS: Clubs and Organizations Advisory Board (COAB), Clubs and Organizations management and skill development programs, Connections Day, Honors Convocation/Commencement Committee, and New Student Orientation.
• Manage the engagement software utilized by the University of Redlands (currently Presence) requiring some collaboration with Information Technology Services (ITS) on program and resource development (currently the Redlands App) and lead training programs on software programs such as Presence and the Redlands App across the University community.
• Oversee the weekend programming during fall, spring and May terms. Collaborating with various departments including but are not limited to: Residence Life and Housing, Recreation, Community Service Learning, Center for Diversity and Inclusion, Athletics, Social Affairs, Clubs and Organizations.
• Advise, train, and develop leadership skills for ASUR Club and Organization Advisory Board (COAB), including the overall functioning of clubs/organizations, and helping students organize leadership conference for club/organization leadership and involvement fairs each semester and the annual COAB Awards Banquet.
• Create, manage and coordinate delivery of communications related to events and programming offered by on and off campus entities. This includes the creation of content and utilizing social media, web editing and other means of communication such as such as weekly event emails, social media, archives, SIS newsletters and year-end reports implement appropriate risk management procedures and develop program marketing.
• Train student leaders on leadership development and skills, coordinate Leadership Development Programs including recruit students, train facilitators, organize logistics, attend programs.
• Plan and coordinate aspects of New Student Orientation, Connections Day, large scale campus events and commencement.
• Attend University events outside business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) is required and may work weekends.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of a bachelor's degree required; master's degree in student personnel or related area preferred. Plus, a minimum of three years’ experience in a customer service environment. Specific experience working with college-aged students and/or student activities related areas desirable. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Successful candidate will have high energy, good judgment and commitment to students. Ability to be creative and flexible; work independently without direct supervision; have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. The ideal candidate is committed to an understanding of the values of higher education, student and community development, and diversity. Candidate must have the sensitivity and ability to work with the traditional college age student, advise staff, develop and implement programs, produce effective outcomes, work effectively both individually and with groups, use independent judgment and display decision-making ability. Flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of students and staff is necessary and will require attendance at evening and weekend events, as well as overnight retreats and training. Experience using the Internet, e-mail and competence using a variety of Windows-based computer programs is desired. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER