For your planning and safety
Please follow these tips to ensure that commencement day is enjoyable for your graduation candidate and all who attend:
- Due to space limitations, candidates are asked to limit the number of family and friends in the Alumni Greek Theatre for the Commencement Ceremony to six people and direct others to the tent on the Gallery Lawn and designated classrooms in the Hall of Letters, where the ceremony will be streamed live.
- All events during commencement weekend, both indoors and outdoors, are non-smoking events.
- Dress appropriately for the day. Most often, it is warm and sunny and little shade is provided in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are strongly recommended.
- The stairs in the Alumni Greek Theatre are steep with limited handrails; high-heeled shoes are discouraged.
- Strollers are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Stroller parking is available at the back of the theatre.
- No pets are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre because they inhibit the sightlines of surrounding guests. In the event of rain, check for updates at www.redlands.edu/commencement.
- Limited disabled seating is available at the back of the Alumni Greek Theatre for guests with special needs; one companion may accompany each guest in the disabled seating area. This may mean that families will need to separate.
- No inflatables or large signs are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre or the grounds surrounding the theatre.
- Aisles and entryways in and surrounding the Alumni Greek Theatre may not be blocked for any reason.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office of the Provost at 909-748-8072.
Commencement and graduation ceremonies at the University of Redlands are the culmination of many years of hard work. It is a time for you, your family, and friends to recognize and honor your success!
We ask for your help in making these events a positive experience for everyone. The graduation candidates, faculty, and guests all expect and deserve safe, orderly, and dignified ceremonies, and any misconduct would be an unwelcome disturbance.
All U of R Commencement and graduation ceremonies are alcohol-, drug-, smoke-, vapor-, and tobacco-free. Graduation candidates and guests will not be permitted to consume or carry any drugs or alcohol at line-up or during the ceremony. Candidates are discouraged from displaying cap and gown décor that includes foul, lewd, or obscene language, references to alcohol or drugs, or defamation of any kind in consideration of all attendees, including minors.
There will be zero tolerance for disorderly behavior, and graduation candidates and guests who are intoxicated or disruptive will not be allowed into the ceremony venue or will be escorted from the ceremony.
Please help us celebrate the Class of 2019 Commencement and graduation ceremonies events respectfully!