For your planning and safety
Please follow these tips to ensure that commencement day is enjoyable for your graduate and your family:
- Due to capacity issues, graduates are asked to limit the attendance of family and friends in the Alumni Greek Theatre for the Commencement Ceremony to six people and direct others to the live streaming location under the tent on the Gallery Lawn. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early arrival is recommended.
- All events during commencement weekend, both indoors and outdoors, are non-smoking events.
- Dress appropriately for the day. Most often, it is warm and sunny and little shade is provided in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are strongly recommended.
- Because stairs in the historic Alumni Greek Theatre are steep with limited handrails, high-heeled shoes are discouraged.
- Strollers are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Stroller parking is available at the back of the theatre.
- No pets are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre because they inhibit the sightlines of surrounding guests. In the event of rain, check the University of Redlands website.
- Limited disabled seating is available at the back of the Alumni Greek Theatre for guests with special needs; one companion may accompany him or her. This may mean that families will need to separate.
- No inflatables or large signs are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre or the grounds surrounding the theatre.
- Aisles and entryways in and surrounding the Alumni Greek Theatre may not be blocked for any reason.
Send an email to email@example.com or call the Office of Alumni and Community Relations at 909-748-8011.