For your planning and safety
Please follow these tips to ensure that commencement day is enjoyable for your graduate and all who attend:
- Due to space limitations, graduates are asked to limit the number of family and friends in the Alumni Greek Theatre for the Commencement Ceremony to six people and direct others to the tent on the Gallery Lawn where the ceremony will be streamed live.
- All events during commencement weekend, both indoors and outdoors, are non-smoking events.
- Dress appropriately for the day. Most often, it is warm and sunny and little shade is provided in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Comfortable clothes and walking shoes are strongly recommended.
- The stairs in the Alumni Greek Theatre are steep with limited handrails; high-heeled shoes are discouraged.
- Strollers are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre. Stroller parking is available at the back of the theatre.
- No pets are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre.
- Umbrellas are not permitted in the Alumni Greek Theatre because they inhibit the sightlines of surrounding guests. In the event of rain, check for updates at www.redlands.edu/commencement.
- Limited disabled seating is available at the back of the Alumni Greek Theatre for guests with special needs; one companion may accompany each guest in the disabled seating area. This may mean that families will need to separate.
- No inflatables or large signs are allowed in the Alumni Greek Theatre or the grounds surrounding the theatre.
- Aisles and entryways in and surrounding the Alumni Greek Theatre may not be blocked for any reason.