Students in the College of Arts and Sciences arrive on the University of Redlands main campus this week, which means the new school year is right around the corner. At the beginning of August, we asked students on Instagram what they’ve been listening to over the summer. They replied with a diverse range of songs that feature a variety of genres and languages. Here are their responses, compiled into a playlist.
Whether you’re a first-year student moving into a residence hall, a returning student gearing up for the fall semester, a parent, or just someone who appreciates music, press play and dance through the last months of summer.
If you are a Spotify user, here is an embedded playlist, ready to go.
If you aren't a Spotify listener, you can log into your own digital music service and line up these songs (in text format below for easier cutting and pasting).
- “Juice” by Lizzo
- “Treat You Better” by Shawn Mendes
- “You Need To Calm Down” by Taylor Swift
- “Groceries” by Mallrat
- “Girlfriend in a Coma” by The Smiths
- “Only Human” by Jonas Brothers
- “Hacia Adentro” by Camila
- “The Git Up” by Blanco Brown
- “On Me” by Akirra
- “TMT” by Stray Kids
- “EVERYDAY” by WINNER
- “My Grave” by Vista Jett
- “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift
- “Burnin’ Up” by Jonas Brothers
- “You” by dodie
- “Talk to Me” by Cavetown
- “Take Me To The Pilot” by Elton John
- “The Less I Know The Better” by Tame Impala
- “Señorita” by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
- “Distance” by Emily King
- “BROWN SKIN GIRL” by Beyoncé
- “Nevermind” by Dennis Lloyd
- “Everyday” by the High School Musical Cast
- “Pleasin’” by Cory Wong
- “Beware” by Big Sean, Lil Wayne, and Jhene Aiko
- “La La Land” by Bryce Vine and YG
- “Bad Luck” by Khalid
- “Never Really Over” by Katy Perry