Nomination and election of the president shall take place during the latter part of the spring semester. The remaining positions will be elected at the first official meeting in September of the following academic year.
All Executive Board members shall be members in good standing of junior or senior status during their term of office, and shall be elected by a majority vote of the members. Their respective titles are: President, Vice President, Secretary, and New Member Chair. In addition, the Director of Alumni & Community Relations shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Executive Board.
The officers and committee members will typically hold their positions for one academic year. If a member graduates early and plans to study abroad, that member will elect a replacement for their position for the remainder of the academic year.
A full description of the MGSA officers is listed in the group's constitution. A summary of duties is as follows:
Traditions: This committee is responsible for events that are, or are in the process of becoming, traditions, such as the Student “Tailgate”, Maroon Day, and the Senior Toast. The committee may also work to develop new traditions, revive former traditions, and maintain current traditions.
Social Media: This committee is responsible for ensuring the student body is aware of the organization and what it does, and to work on social media campaigns and general marketing related to MGSA events and programs.
Ad Hoc: This committee will work closely with the advisor and the Office of Alumni & Community Relations regarding possible new events and programs, or consideration of student/alumni processes. Projects may range from short one-time events, to year-long projects in order to implement a new idea.
*Committee participation by every member is mandatory.
Meetings and Attendance
Special meetings can be called at the discretion of the President.
Good standing and participation in MGSA is achieved by adhering to the following:
• Attending a minimum of 6 of 8 monthly meetings during the year (no meeting in December)
• Signing-up for, and participating in, at least four events or programs per Semester; or at a minimum, participation in seven events or programs per year (primarily pertains to students who will be abroad one semester, but may apply to other students as well given certain circumstances)
The following events are required for all members unless excused by the advisor:
• Dinner hosted by President Kuncl and Nancy Kuncl
• Homecoming weekend
• Alumni Reunion Weekend
• All scheduled meetings for the year
• Participation in Maroon Day and/or the Student Tailgate
• Induction/Orientation Dinner