How to Apply as a Transfer Student

At the University of Redlands a transfer student is someone who has graduated from high school and has completed courses at another institution of higher education. There is no minimum amount of units required to transfer to the University of Redlands. Students may transfer up to 66 units from a two-year institution and up to 96 units from a four-year institution.

Our application to apply for fall 2019 is still open and accepting applications.

Admissions Requirements

For students with over 24 transferable semester units 

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- A majority of transferable units completed in academic courses
- Completed two semesters of full time coursework with no less than a 2.0 (C) in any course
- Completed English composition, intermediate algebra or above and 1 semester of foreign language at the college level
- A recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8

 Students with fewer than 24 transferable semester units

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Applicants will be reviewed based on their performance in high school
- Official SAT or ACT test scores are required 

Application Checklist

- Complete the Common Application or our University of Redlands application
- There is a $50 application fee for students using the Common Application.  The University of Redlands application is free.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Official high school transcript including proof of graduation 
(Transcripts must be issued to University of Redlands and mailed directly from the institution in order to be considered official. Transcripts hand-delivered or mailed by the applicant are not considered official.)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor who can speak to your academic ability

Materials required outside of the application, may be received after your application is submitted.

 For some applicants the following may be required:

- SAT or ACT test scores (only required for students with less than 24 transferable semester units)
- College Report (only required for students transferring from a four-year institution)
- Mid Term Report (we will let you know if we need this)
- Official AP Test Scores if applicable


March 1 - priority deadline for fall
November 1 - priority deadline for spring

Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed on a space available basis.

Opportunities to Visit Campus

We encourage one-on-one meetings with Admissions Counselors to discuss your transition to the University of Redlands. You may request an unofficial transcript reviews may be completed during your scheduled one-on-one meeting; please bring an unofficial copy of your college transcripts to your appointment. Click here to schedule your visit.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are available for many two-year institutions in the Southern California area. Find them here and learn more about our Liberal Arts Foundation, or general education requirements.

Transferring to the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies or the School of Music

Because of the unique and specialized curriculum in these programs, we encourage transfer students to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with the program director to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites.

  • Brad Andrews, Director of Music Admissions (909) 748-8014 (909) 748-8616

International Student? Click here to learn more about our International Transfer Student admissions process.