Alliance for Community Transformation & Wellness Scholarship
The principal aim of the ACTW Scholarship is to elevate our students’ experience through direct mentoring and work relevant supervised work experience.
Through this scholarship, the School of Education and ACTW seeks to position our graduates as leaders in our local communities to advance important mental health initiatives throughout the region. The selected recipient will earn a one-year assistantship with ACTW, doing direct work with the community and generating mental health initiatives.
- Applicant must be a new accepted student to the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling for the 2021-2022 academic school year currently living in the Inland Empire.
- Applicant must start the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling by September 7, 2021.
- Completed scholarship application.
- Written statement (see application for more information)
- Applicant must review ACTW’s vision and mission here.
- Complete a scholarship application before the deadline here.
- Applicants should write a brief essay (800-1200 words) describing your
- Interest in entering a counseling program with an integrated focus on social justice and advocacy
- Desire to learn the advocacy skills required to support regional mental health initiatives impacting Inland Empire communities
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the Inland Empire region post-degree.
- Scholarship recipient will be notified via email.
Part One: Tuition Discount
10% for 2-year 60-unit Clinical Mental Health Counseling program
Part Two: One Year Assistantship
$3000 GA Award (about 7 hours per week for 2 14-week semesters)
||July 30, 2021