How to Apply as a Transfer Student

At the University of Redlands a transfer student is someone who has graduated from high school and has completed courses at another institution of higher education. There is no minimum amount of units required to transfer to the University of Redlands. Students may transfer up to 66 semester units or 100 quarter units from a two-year institution and up to 96 semester units or 144 quarter units from a four-year institution.

The Common Application or free University of Redlands Application for Spring and Fall 2021 is available.

Priority Application Deadlines
Spring (January 2021 Start) November 1

Fall (August 2021 Start)

March 1

Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a space available basis.

Admissions Requirements

For students who have completed 24 or more transferable semester units or 36 or more quarter units: 

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Have taken a majority of transferable units completed in academic courses
- Completed two semesters of full time coursework with no less than a 2.0 (C) in any course
- Completed and passed the following core courses with a C (2.0) or above:   
         - English composition
         - Mathematics (at or above Intermediate Algebra) 
         - Foreign Language (One semester/quarter, or two years in high
- A recommended minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8

 Students who have completed less than 24 transferable semester units or 36 quarter units:

- Graduated from high school or equivalent
- Applicants will be reviewed based on their performance in high school and college
- Optional for fall 2021, SAT or ACT test scores. Read more about our test optional policy.

Application Checklist

- Complete and submit the University of Redlands Application (free) or Common Application ($50 fee)  
- Request official transcripts from all institutions attended and have them issued and sent directly to University of Redlands
- Request official high school transcript including proof of graduation or the equivalent to be issued and sent to University of Redlands 
(Transcripts must be issued to University of Redlands and mailed directly from the institution in order to be considered official. Transcripts hand-delivered or mailed by the applicant are not considered official.)
- One letter of recommendation from a professor who can speak to your academic abilities within college-level coursework. If you are unable to request a recommendation from an individual during your time as a student, please contact Undergraduate Transfer Team, for further instruction.

Materials required outside of the application, may be received after your application is submitted.

Merit and Talent Scholarships

Merit Scholarships are available in value up to $21,000. All students who complete an application are considered for a merit-based scholarship. Determination of award is based on academic achievement.

Talent scholarships are available in art, theatre, and creative writing. Applications and required material submissions must be received by the priority deadline for consideration. To learn more about these scholarships, please click here. For more information, please contact Undergraduate Transfer Admissions.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are available for many two-year institutions. Find them here and learn more about our general education requirements, "Liberal Arts Inquiries", Associate Degree to Transfer options, or transfer credit policies.

Johnston Center for Integrative Studies Applicants

Because of the unique and specialized curriculum in this programs, we encourage transfer students to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with Tim Seiber, Director of the Johnson Center for Integrative Studies at or at (909) 748-8610 to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites.

Conservatory of Music Applicants

An audition is required for admission for those who want to major or minor in Music. However, it is recommended to set up an on-campus or phone meeting with the program director to discuss transfer of credit, length of program, and pre-requisites. For additional information regarding the Conservatory of Music and requirements, please contact Brad Andrews, Director of Music Admissions, at (909) 748-8014.

Financial Aid

To be considered for need-based financial aid, submit the FAFSA at

In order for the admissions office to match your FAFSA with your application, we will need your Social Security Number. Due to the sensitive nature of this information, please include it on your Common Application, or call Student Financial Services at (909) 748-8047 to provide it via phone. Please never email this information.

For more information on financial aid, please visit our Student Financial Services.