Reunion Gift Chairs
Class reunions are occasions for reminiscence and opportunities for classmates to reconnect with each other and the University of Redlands. Each May, alumni representing every decade since the 1950s return to campus to do just that! Throughout the weekend there are plenty of opportunities to tour campus, meet with students and professors, and get reacquainted with the University. A lot of work goes into a successful and memorable reunion weekend and the University could not do it without the help of our reunion committees.
One way classes celebrate their reunion is by making a collective contribution to the university. This effort is chaired by the Reunion Gift Chair, who with the help of the development office, coordinates this special opportunity for the class to make a significant impact on the University of Redlands and current and future generations of Redlands students.
Each Reunion Gift Campaign has several objectives, but most importantly for each reunion class to:
1. To make a significant group contribution to the University of Redlands, impacting current and future classes and honoring their class.
2. To encourage every member of the reunion class to join in the effort. Gifts of all sizes are important and impactful.
3. To renew ties to the University of Redlands and rekindle class spirit.
By volunteering to serve as Reunion Gift Chair, you make a direct and lasting impact by helping the university raise the gifts necessary to support and enrich the Redlands’ experience and ensuring that an important tradition is continued. You are an ambassador for the University, able to explain to your peers how alumni gifts make a difference to students and faculty, and why these gifts are vital. Through your outreach, you will help the university have a closer connection with its alumni.
This important role has been designed to minimize the amount of time that volunteers must commit while maximizing their impact. Here is what you can expect as Reunion Gift Chair:
- Lead by example. Make a five-year pledge, and/or leadership-level gift, to demonstrate your personal commitment to the University and your class gift. It will also allow you to invite your peers to join you in giving.
- Create. Help set the goals for your reunion class gift, participation and dollar total, with the help of the development staff. You will also help create broad-based fundraising appeals to classmates to raise fund and participation in the class gift.
- Attend. Come to the reunion and present your class gift to the President.
- Assist. Work with the Development Office to identify classmates to contact for financial support and/or volunteering purposes.
- Ask. Work with the development staff to directly contact classmates for financial support and/or volunteering purposes.
For more information about volunteering, please contact Molly Widdicombe, Director of Annual Giving, at 909-748-8381 or firstname.lastname@example.org.