Rebecca A. Lyons, John P. Hassett, Anna M. Flach, Israel Cabasso, " Development of Thin Layer Polymers to Concentrate and Detect Aquatic Contaminants", Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2012, DOI: 10.1002/app.37857.
Lambert A. Doezema, Teresa Longin, William Cody, Veronique Perraud, Matthew Dawson, Michael J. Ezell, John Greaves, Kathleen R. Johnson, Barbara J. Finlayson-Pitts, " Analysis of secondary organic aerosols in air using extractive electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (EESI-MS)", RSC Advances, 2012, 2, 2930-2938.
Ryan A. Picou, David P. Schrum, Ginger Ku, Rebekah A. Cerqua, Indu Kheterpal, S. Douglas Gilman, " Separation and detection of individual Ab aggregates by capillary electrophoresis with laser-induced fluorescence detection", Analytical Biochemistry, 2012, 425, 104-112.
* Debra L. Van Engelen, Joseph S. Boyd, Kia Ekbia, "Effect of Calcium and EDTA on the Uptake of Nutrient and Toxic Metals by Brassica juncea in Hydroponic Growth Medium", In It's All in the Water: Studies of Materials and Conditions in Fresh and Salt Water Bodies, M.A. Benvenuto, E. Roberts-Kirchoff, M. N. Murray, and D. M. Garshott, Eds., ACS Symposium Series 1086, Oxford University Press, 2011, Chapter 3, pp 35-50.
* Teresa Longin, John Terhorst, Chris Lang, "Simulations of Photopumping in Doubly Illuminated Liquid Membranes Containing Photoactive Carriers", Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2010, 114, 15846.
*James A. Moore, J. Henry Acquaye, " Crystal structures of [Ru(terpy)(HPB)(H2O)](PF6)2 and [Ru(terpy)(HPB)(2-picoline)(PF6) and the Kinetics studies of the Aqua ligand substitution by pyridine and substituted pyridines", Polyhedron, 2009, 28, 386.
Debra L. Van Engelen, Rachel C. Sharpe-Pedler, and Kevin K. Moorhead, " Effect of Chelating Agents and Solubility of Cadmium Complexes on Uptake from Soil by Brassica Juncea," Chemosphere, 2007, 68-3, 401-408.
Debra L. Van Engelen, Steven W. Suljak, J. Patrick Hall, Bert E. Holmes, "Undergraduate Introductory Quantitative Chemistry Laboratory Course: Interdisciplinary Group Projects in Phytoremediation", Journal of Chemical Education, 2007, 84, 128-131.
J. R. Blauth, D. P. Schrum, "Service Learning and Field Research at the University of Redlands: Desert Restoration in Joshua Tree National Park", CUR Quarterly, 2005, 26, 63-65.
* Teresa L. Longin, Teresa Fraterman, Phuong Nguyen, "Simulations of photomodulated solute transport in doubly illuminated liquid membranes containing photoactive carriers", Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2005, 109, 21063-21077.
*Jiaxing Huang, James A. Moore, J. Henry Acquaye, Richard B. Kaner, "Mechanochemical Route to the Conducting Polymer Polyaniline", Macromolecules, 2005, 38, 317-321.
* J. Henry Acquaye, James A. Moore, Jiaxing Huang, Richard B. Kaner, "Solid state synthesis of the conducting polymer polyaniline", Polymer Preprints, 2004, 45, 147.
Michelle L. Goyette, Teresa L. Longin, Richard D. Noble, Carl A. Koval, " Selective photofacilitated transport of sodium ions through liquid membranes: key factors in experimental design, transport results and comparison with a mathematical model", Journal of Membrane Science, 2003, 212, 225-235.
*Israel Claustro, Gigi Abate, Elizabeth Sanchez, J. Henry Acquaye, " Synthesis, spectroscopic and electrochemical properties of ruthenium-2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)-benzoxazole complexes. Crystal structure of [Ru(terpy)(HPB)Cl]", Inorganic Chemica Acta, 2003, 342, 29-36.
Jodye I. Selco, Julian L. Roberts, Jr., Daniel B. Wacks, "The Analysis of Seawater: A Laboratory-Centered Learning Project in General Chemistry", Journal of Chemical Education, 2003, 80, 54-57.
Julian L. Roberts, Jr., Jodye I. Selco, Daniel B. Wacks, "Mother Earth Chemistry: a laboratory course for nonmajors", Journal of Chemical Education, 1996, 73, 779-781.
F. Leach, Daniel B. Wacks, E. R. Signer, " Rhizobium meliloti homologs of Escherichia coli mur genes", Gene, 1994, 148, 87-90.
*University of Redlands undergraduates are coauthors.
Teresa L. Longin, "Development of a guided-inquiry laboratory activity to introduce major concepts in chemical equilibrium for general chemistry", oral presentation at the 243rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Diego, CA, March, 2012.
Rebecca Lyons, "Developing a predictive model for gasoline and gasoline by-products in surface waters of Southern California", oral presentation at the 243rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Diego, CA, March, 2012.
David Soulsby, "Using Experimental and Computational Chemistry to Teach Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution Reactions", poster presentation at the 243rd National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Diego, CA, March, 2012.
Teresa Longin, Lambert Doezema, William Cody, Veronique Perraud, Michael Ezell, Matthew Dawson, John Greaves, Barbara J. Finlayson-Pitts, "A New Approach to Speciation of the Organic Component of Atmospheric Aerosols", poster presentation at the American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, December, 2011.
* Debra L. Van Engelen, Joseph S. Boyd, Kia Ekbia, "Effect of Calcium and EDTA on the Uptake of Nutrient and Toxic Metas by Brassica juncea in Hydroponic Growth Medium", 241st National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Anaheim, CA, March, 2011.
*S. Bradner, Dan Wacks, "Two approaches to the study of glucose-mediated catabolite repression in Sinorhizobium meliloti", 19th Annual Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, November, 2011.
*Genevieve Hayman, Dan Wacks "Glucose Metabolism and Disaccharide-Induced Osmoprotection in Sinorhizobium meliloti," 18th Annual Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research, Pepperdine University, Malibu, November, 2010.
Rebecca Lyons, John P. Hassett, "A polymer-based thin film trap and optical detection system for hydrophobic compounds in water," oral presentation at the PacifiChem Conference, Honolulu, HI, 2010.
* David Soulsby, Cesar B. Rodarte, "Substituent effects on the E/Z alkene ratio in medium-membered rings synthesized via RCM", poster presentation at the 239th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, San Francisco, CA, March, 2010.
*L. Hensleigh, David Schrum, "Characterization of Soil from Joshua Tree National Park", 18th Annual Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research, Pepperdine University, November 2010.
*Matt Steele, David Schrum, "Analysis of ß-Amyloid Peptide Fragments Involved in Alzheimer's Disease via Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) and High Pressure Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (HPLC-MS), 18th Annual Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research, Pepperdine University, November 2010.
Barbara Murray, "Undergraduate interdisciplinary Computational Research of Biologically Active Molecules," poster presentation at the 20th Biannual Conference on Chemical Education, Bloomington, Indiana, July 2008.
*Aimee Lake, D. L. Van Engelen, "Separation of the Enantiomers of 3-Hydroxypropionic Acid 1-Phenylethyl Ester with an Immobilized Chiral Stationary Phase", Southern California Conference on Undergraduate Research, California State University at Los Angeles, November, 2007.
*University of Redlands undergraduates are coauthors.