CAPE sponsors and participates in many industry related events throughout the year. Please check back often as events are scheduled regularly and listed here.
|This training event has been postponed until summer 2018. Those interested attending should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure that they receive necessary updates
Private Practice Bootcamp: Essential Strategies for Success
What’s the future of your practice?
Will you work harder and longer for less money?
Will you struggle to fill your schedule?
Will you enjoy your work? Or be drained by it?
“Wait and see” can be a risky strategy.
Take charge of your practice now. Learn how to thrive, regardless of economic and political conditions – at this 2-day conference:
What you’ll learn
Grad school provided a great education and foundation for your clinical work. But if you’re like most mental health professionals, you got very little training in the business side of clinical practice. Business mistakes can be expensive, not only in terms of money, but also lost time and lost opportunities. We’ll walk you through the essentials of sound and ethical business decisions and procedures.
Our goal is for you to leave the conference with clarity and practical action steps for a profitable business, regardless of political or economic conditions. Topics to be covered include:
- Pros and cons of private practice as a career path
- Join a group practice or go solo?
- Compensation models and their implications
- Contracts you may be asked to sign in joining a practice – What to look for
- Taking insurance or not taking insurance?
- How your academic training and your interests can shape your practice
- Should you generalize or specialize? Niche practice opportunities to consider
- Innovative ways to get referrals
- Establishing yourself in the community
- Which marketing techniques are most effective – online AND offline
- How to set fees
- How to collect fees
- Three types of insurance that you must have
- Financial aspects of practice
- Key strategies for thriving during economic flux
- Nuts and bolts – office paperwork that you need
- Ethical considerations in private practice
- How to minimize the probability of getting sued
- Use of mentors and consultants
- Envisioning your ideal practice
PLUS – small group activities for the deep dive into key factors for success in private practice. You can’t get this experience from books.