Transfer Credit

College of Arts and Sciences:
Transfer Course Approval

Undergraduate courses from regionally-accredited colleges or universities, with a grade of ‘2.0' (C) or better may transfer to the University of Redlands. For current students, prior approval is required. Transfer credit is not counted in the GPA. See catalog for policies regarding maximum transferability and credit obsolescence.  For courses on approved Articulation Agreements, see below.

Transfer Approval Request form

Articulation Agreements
In an ongoing effort to support transfer students, the University of Redlands has established Articulation Agreements with many California community colleges. These agreements list the acceptable courses that will both transfer and fulfill specific Liberal Arts Foundation requirements.

Articulation agreements

Do you want to take a general education (LAF) course at a community college, perhaps over summer?  You  do not need to submit a course approval form for a course on these agreements to transfer to the LAF category under which it is listed. It will transfer and fulfill the LAF, provided

  • The course transfers with a grade of "C" or higher
  • The course is not a repeat of one you previously received credit for
  • The course does not put you over the maximum number of transfer credits allowed

Study Abroad Transfer Approval
Courses taken through all approved study abroad programs at the University of Redlands are recorded with grades on the student's academic transcript once transcripts have been received by the Office of the Registrar. It is the student's responsibility to have courses taken during a study abroad experience pre-approved for application to the student's academic program at Redlands.

Study Abroad Transfer Approval form

School of Business:
Students will work with the Student Services Manager (SSM) to receive approval for transfer credit.

School of Education:
Students must receive approval from their Program Chair to transfer a course toward their degree.