Housing Dates for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Fall Move-In
- August 30th New students move in from 8-12pm
- September 4th Returning students move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, or 8-10pm
- Early Arrivals: Some students, new and returning, will move-in earlier than the published arrival dates as they are members of an Early Arrival Group. These students have prior permission to check-in at a different date/time and will receive additional information about move-in from their group's representative. Should a student want to arrive early and is not a member of an Early Arrival Group, they may fill out the Early Arrival Request form on the myRedlands Housing portal under Applications and Forms from August 1st-30th.
- October 9th and 10th Fall Break Study Days (all communities remain open)
- November 22nd-24th Thanksgiving Break (all communities remain open)
- December 17th Winter Break begins and halls close at 10am
- Spring Move-In
- January 7th New students move in from 8-10am
- January 7th Returning students halls open at 2pm
- February 26th-March 2nd Spring Break (all communities remain open)
- April 21st Move out for students not enrolled in May Term by 2pm
- April 23rd-27th May Break (some communities will close for May Term. See below.)
- April 29th May Term move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, and 8-10pm
- Some communities will close for May Term (East, Fairmont, Grove, Melrose, Williams, and others) with residents residing in those communities for May Term being assigned new locations.
- May 25th All communities close for the summer at 2pm
May Term Housing
Although many students travel during May term, some courses are taught on campus. Housing is available for students on campus and is included as part of your room and board. This is provided you live on campus at least a semester during the academic year and have an elegible May Term remaining to use. Your meal plan for May is any meal card balance carried over from the fall and spring semester, meaning no additional funds are distributed.
The main difference for May Term housing is many of the communities close and students are consolidated into the open locations. If you are staying for May Term, check with your hall staff to find out if your hall is closing. If you live in a community that will close, you will be given a new assignment for May Term and move to that location the day before classes begin.
The University of Redlands closes housing during the summer and defers to Event Services for conference operations. A limited amount of housing is available to those students who are employed by a campus department during the summer months. For more information, contact Student Employment.