Housing Selection and Placement Process
All applications and forms are found on the myRedlands Housing portal.
Note: Some residence halls and apartment complexes will close completely during May Term. For 2016-2017, Anderson Hall, Melrose Hall, and the Grove Apartments will close. This means all students who intend to stay for May Term will be relocated to another community for May.
New students may begin the housing process once they have made their deposit. Deposited students will receive their Redlands login information to gain access to the MyRedlands Housing portal. They will also be directed to the New Student Checklist with step by step instructions for completing the process, including filling out the New Student Housing Intention Form and housing Personal Profile.
Returning students participate each spring in the Housing Selection and Placement Process to secure housing for the following full academic year. Students will generally stay in the same room through the fall, spring, and May Term of the academic year. Below is a timeline outlining important process dates. Use the list below to learn more about housing options and what is needed for different processes.
- Thursday, February 16th
- Monday, February 20th - Wednesday, February 22nd
- Off-Campus Workshops for students who wish to petition to live off campus. To be considered, all students MUST attend one workshop in the Hall of Letters 100. Student must bring their student ID and receive an 80% or higher on the corresponding quiz. if a student does not attend a workshop or fails to achieve an 80%, that student's petition for off campus will not be considered; no exception.
- Monday, February 20th at 4PM
- Tuesday, February 21st at 9PM
- Wednesday, February 22nd at 4PM
- Thursday, March 9th
- Tuesday, March 14th
- Open Houses from 9-10PM in all communities to tour and learn about the living experiences. Check with your CA for more information.
- Thursday, March 16th
- Apartment Applications due by 5PM with selection march 20th.
- Tuesday, March 21st
- Themed Community Applications due by 5PM with selection March 27th
- Anderson Music Floor
- Fairmont Catalyst Program
- Grossmont Sophomore Community
- Merriam Environmental Consciousness Community
- North Global Quarter
- Organizational House Rosters due by 5PM.
- Johnston Housing Lottery at 4PM in Holt Hall lobby. Those currently not a Johnston community member, please email Adam Ghovayzi to attend.
- Tuesday, March 28th
- Senior Room Draw for students with 96 credits or more. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account two days prior to Room Draw.
- Wednesday, March 29th
- Junior Room Draw for students with 64-95 credits. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account two days prior to Room Draw.
- Thursday, March 30th
- Sophomore Room Draw for students with 63 credits or fewer. Students will receive a selection time and detailed information via their Redlands email account two days prior to Room Draw.
After Sophomore Room Draw Residence Life and Housing will work on placing students who did not participate in Room Draw, as well as move students from the Waiting Lists. If a student is on a Waiting List, they will be notified via their Redlands email when another space is available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOUSING OPTIONS, PLEASE SEE:
GOING ABROAD OR TAKING A LEAVE OF ABSENCE:
Studying abroad during the fall semester or full academic year? You must complete the Accommodation Request and Off Campus Petition to be considered for these housing options when you return.
Currently on a Leave of Absence? Students currently on a LOA who have indicated they'll return in the Fall, please participate in the Housing Selection and Placement Process as a returning student. Contact Student Life for status updates at 909-748-8053.
Taking a Leave of Absence for Fall? Students planning to take a Leave of Absence for the Fall semester DO NOT take part in the process. These students must schedule an appointment to establish the Leave of Absence by calling Student Life at 909-748-8053.