Name: Invisible Children United
Nickname: Invisible Children
Year Founded: 2005
Current Director: Stephen Bachner
Advisor: Ilaria Pesco
Invisible Children is a nonprofit organization that works to raise awareness and financial aid for war affected children in northern Uganda.
The Invisible Children club on campus encourages students to use their time and talent to help these children by:
- Coordinating and putting on film screenings and parties with a purpose
- Making and selling compassion fashion clothing
- Selling benefit CDs and putting on concerts
- Coordinating book drives and letter writing campaigns
- Participating in change for change collections
In the last few years the Redlands club has raised over $100,000 for the organization and have screened informational films many times, reaching thousands of people.
In 2006 and 2008 club leader Emily Sernaker traveled to northern Uganda with Invisible Children and saw their programs first hand. In the summer of 2009, club leader Ashlee Buczek made the same trip. Both girls are committed to sharing what they've seen in Uganda with the local, national and international community.
Invisible Children National Website