Important First Year Journey Information
- Friday, June 12th: FYJ applications and Scholarship applications are due to the Office of Student Life.
- Friday, June 19th: Acceptance packets and forms go out to FYJ participants via e-mail.
- Friday, July 10th: Paperwork and Payment due.
- Sunday, July 19th: Second round of acceptance letters will be sent out if original students do not accept or complete paperwork and payment.
- Friday, July 24th: Health forms, rental equipment requests, and final paperwork due.
- Tuesday, August 25th by 4:00 p.m.: FYJ Participants arrive and if living on-campus, check in to their residence halls.
- August 25th: First day of FYJ activities on campus! Pre-trip meetings and equipment checks. Large group introductions and activities. Students will be sleeping in their residence halls tonight! Off campus students may go home and return the next morning at designated times.
- August 27th: FYJ trips depart campus.
- August 27th - 31st: FYJ trips in the field.
- August 31st: FYJ trips return to campus by 5pm.
- September 1st: Free day on campus to relax/complete move in.
- September 2nd: First Year Orientation Program Begins.
Important Information for Your FYJ Trip
How to Reserve Rental Gear
Gear lists will be sent out with acceptance packets on June 19th. If you need to rent gear from Outdoor Programs you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org (items marked with an * are available to rent from Outdoor Programs). All rentals are included in your trip costs; however you will be required to leave a credit card deposit upon pick up. Rental gear will be picked up from the Outdoor Programs Rental Shop before you leave for your trip.
Residence Hall Check-in
All First Year Journey participants who live on campus will be required to check into their residence hall and room the day that they arrive. You will be spending the first two nights in your room before departing for your Journey on Thursday, August 27th. Check-in times will be sent with acceptance information emails.
Ontario Airport Shuttles
A travel information sheet will be sent upon acceptance with information regarding flights and shuttles to campus for First Year Journeys. We will have several free shuttles for FYJ students from Ontario Airport to campus on Tuesday, August 25th between 9:00am and 3:30pm.
Any other questions
Director of Recreation