Important First Year Journey Information
- June 15th: FYJ applications are due to the Office of Student Life. (see address on other side)
- June 22nd: Acceptance packets and forms go out to FYJ participants via e-mail.
- July 13th: Paperwork and Payment due.
- July 22nd: Second round of acceptance letters will be sent out if original students do not accept or complete paperwork and payment.
- July 27th: Health forms, rental equipment requests, and final paperwork due FYJ Participants that live on campus must be on campus by August 20th at 3pm. FYJ participants can check in to their Residence Halls between 1p and 3p on 8/20 . Off-Campus participants must arrive on August 21st at 8:45am Shuttles from Ontario Airport will be available prior to Residence Hall check in!
- August 21st: First day of FYJ activities on campus! Pre-trip meetings and equipment checks. Large group introductions and activities. Students will be sleeping in their residence halls tonight! Off campus students may go home and return the next morning at designated times.
- August 22nd: FYJ trips depart campus
- August 22nd-26th: FYJ trips in the field August 26th: FYJ trips return to campus by 5pm Large group programming and activities Final night celebration August 27th: Free day on campus to relax/complete move in.
- August 28th: First Year Orientation program begins
Important Information for Your FYJ Trip
How to Reserve Rental Gear
If you need to rent gear from Outdoor Programs (items marked with a * are available to rent from OP). Contact Jay Harcum to reserve your gear. Rental gear can be picked up the day that you arrive on campus. The Trip Leaders will give you time to do so.
Early Dorm Room Check-in
All FYJ Participants will be able to check into their assigned rooms the day they arrive on campus.
Please bring all the required gear you will need for your FYJ trip. There will be time allotted to pick up rental items that afternoon.
Ontario Airport Shuttles:
Please read the Travel Information Sheet that you received with your acceptance email, fill out all appropriate information, and return all paperwork to Andrew Hollis along with your trip payment.
“FYJ was the best experience I have ever had, I found out so much more about myself.“
- FYJ Participant
For more information, please contact:
Director of Recreation