Off-Campus Approval Process
Want to live off Campus? Read this:
Because we believe that students can and do learn from one another outside the classroom as well as inside, living on campus is an integral part of the Redlands experience. The education students acquire from the social and interpersonal experiences of residential life plays a vital role in their total development. As a result, we are committed to the residential experience for all students.
All students interested in living off campus must submit an Off-Campus Petition during the Housing Selection and Placement Process that occurs each spring in order to be approved off campus for the following academic year. No petitions will be considered midyear. Students must receive permission from the Student Life Office to move off campus. Please see important application submission instructions at the bottom of this web page.
Note: Once you are approved for off-campus living, you are approved permanently (unless your approval is revoked due to violations of the Code of Student Conduct or academic/financial problems.) You never need to apply to live off campus again if you have been approved previously. However, if at any time you would like to return to on-campus living, you must notify Student Life so that we can get you back into on-campus housing.
Students are required to live on campus if they are not:
- Over 23 years old
- Living with their parents or close relatives near campus
- Married or in a domestic partnership
- Click on the link to the petition and carefully review the detailed information about whose petitions will be considered.
- Fill out the form.
- If you need to submit additional information, proof of residency, etc. please make sure you email them directly to Kim Morris in the Office of Student Life within 3 business days of completing your petition.
- For questions or concerns regarding the Off Campus Petition Process, contact Kim Morris at (909) 748-8053.