Off-Campus Approval Process
All students interested in living off campus must submit a petition and receive permission from the Student Life Office. Please see important application submission instructions at the bottom of this web page.
SO YOU THINK YOU WANT TO LIVE OFF CAMPUS? Read this:
Because we believe that you can and do learn from one another outside the classroom as well as inside, living on campus is an integral part of the Redlands experience. The education you acquire from the social and interpersonal experiences of residential life plays a vital role in your total development. As a result, we are committed to the residential experience for all students.
You are required to live on campus if you are not:
- Over 23 years old
- Living with your parents or close relatives near campus
- Married or in a domestic partnership
- Be sure you have the Adobe Reader installed on your computer.
- Click on the link to the petition.
- Fill out the form.
- Save the form to your computer (be sure to remember where it is saved!).
- Email the saved form to Student_life@redlands.edu.
- Be sure to get all other required documentation to Kim Morris in the Student Life Office.
- If you have difficulty attaching/emailing the form, you may print, then fax or mail the form to the Student Life Office.