Networking is a highly effective employment and graduate school admissions strategy. Savvy individuals use networking to gradually build relationships that first yield information and advice but may ultimately result in a referral, interview or offer.
The UR Professional Network is now part of one of the world’s largest online networks – LinkedIn. We created a networking group called the UR Professional Network to help those with strong ties to the University of Redlands advance their careers. Benefits include:
• Deciding how often and at what level you want to participate.
• Controlling how much information is shared with other group members.
• Updating your information or opting out at any time.
• Exchange information by email or arrange a phone call with a group member.
• Connect group members with contacts in your network.
If you have a LinkedIn profile, just join the Official University of Redlands Group and then join the sub-group UR Professional Network. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, consider creating one so you can become a member of the UR Career Network – it is free and easy. All you need is an email address to get started.