Networking is a highly effective career development and job search technique. Savvy individuals use professional networking to gradually build mutually beneficial relationships that first yield information and advice but may ultimately result in a job lead, interview or offer.
The UR Career Network is now part of the world’s largest professional network on the Internet – LinkedIn. We have created a networking group called the UR Career Network, so that it will be easier for professionals like you to help those who love the University of Redlands grow their careers.
- You control how much information is shared with other group members.
- You decide how often and at what level you want to participate.
- Update your information or opt out at any time.
- Contact us if you need help or have questions at email@example.com
If you have a LinkedIn profile, just join the Official University of Redlands Group and then join the sub group UR Career Network. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, please consider creating one so you can remain a part of the UR Career Network – it is free and easy. All you need is an email address to get started.
How can you make a difference?
- Share your expertise/career advice by posting comments or sharing links on the discussion forum.
- Exchange career information by email or arrange a phone call with a group member.
- Connect group members with contacts in your network.
- Identify internship opportunities and job leads.
- Share ideas on additional ways to enhance the UR Career Network subgroup on LinkedIn.
Social networking sites, if used professionally, can also be helpful.
Professional associations that match your career interests provide yet another avenue for networking.