"Peer Tutoring helped immensely with my papers and writing skills." - University of Redlands student
Peer tutoring (Subject and Writing) at the University of Redlands comes at no cost to students attending the University. Tutoring assistance can be utilized in most academic subjects at the University.
Students looking to be a tutor must have faculty recommendations in the subject they wish to tutor and at least a 3.0 GPA in the subject. Tutors possess good communication skills, a positive outlook, patience and the ability to work independently.
All Academic Success Center Tutors strive to:
- Provide individual attention and assistance for students who are having academic difficulty in a particular class or who just want to better.
- Empower students to become independent learners by providing assistance in developing effective study skills, such as note-taking, time management, textbook comprehension, and test-taking skills.
- Provide a supportive environment where students can become more self-confident about their own capabilities.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for their own education.
- Provide assistance and support to all students, including those with academic accommodations and learning differences, students for whom english is a second language, and non-traditional aged students.
- Assist professors by providing individual attention for students who may need it.
Click here to view current tutor employment openings.
For more information on Subject and/or Writing Tutoring, please select from the links below: