Student Life


Forms and information for F-1 and J-1 international students:

Certificate of Finances Form

New students must submit documentation of financial support. Please use the University of Redlands Certificate of Finances form to show availability of funds to you. A bank statement indicating assured support (a specific $US amount) and signed by a bank official can be sent in place of this Certificate of Finances.

International Student Handbook

The University of Redlands International Student Handbook provides both new and transferring students with information about important immigration regulations such as maintaining your student status, employment, travel and reentry, as well as how to get your social security number and driver's license. Please read it carefully and submit any question you may have to the International Student Analyst.

Transfer In/Out

Transfer students who are already in the U.S. must submit the SEVIS Transfer Release form signed by their current international student advisor in order to authorize the transfer of their I-20 record in SEVIS to the University of Redlands. Please submit this form to the International Student Analyst upon admission to the University of Redlands.

The Request to Transfer Out Form is used to notify University of Redlands Office for International Students and Scholars of your intent to transfer your F-1 status to another college/university. You must meet with an International Student and Scholar Advisor to submit this request. 

Tax Information

Students in both F-1 and J-1 status should please read important tax information and deadlines because foreign students in F-1 and J-1 status in the United States are subject to federal income taxation on any wages earned in the United States.

fulbright logo

Redlands has 12 recent Fulbright Scholar recipients.

More »