Student Life

International Student Services

students eating in Casa Loma

University of Redlands welcomes students from over 23 nations. These students are supported by the International Student Analyst who assists with orientation for new students and all issues that arise during their time at the University, from visa, employment, change of status, reinstatement through questions about cultural references.

Despite our relatively small numbers, international students are actively involved in clubs and organizations and many choose to make presentations to ensure that U.S. students receive information on other countries. This is useful when events occur in places that would otherwise seem remote and unconnected to the University.

The University is a residential campus. All exchange visiting international students are required to live on campus. Therefore every effort is made to accommodate international students and keep them engaged in campus activities.

Contact Information:
Miral Charabi
International Student Analyst
Phone: 909-748-8716

Our office is located in the Multicultural Center in the Hunsaker Center

New International Students:
Once students are admitted to the University of Redlands, they will be issued an I-20 Form. Students will need this form in order to apply for F-1 student visa at the U.S. Embassy in their country. We will provide students with information on the procedures for applying for the visa, paying the SEVIS fee as well as the documents required for entry into the U.S.

New Transfer International Students:
Students currently studying in the U.S. in F-1 status whether in a high school or a college who transfer to the University of Redlands will be issued a new I-20 Form. Students must:

  • Submit the SEVIS Release Transfer Form to their current international student advisor to release their I-20 form to University of Redlands.
  • Submit the¬†Certificate of Finances Form to the International Student Analyst at University of Redlands.
  • Contact the International Student Analyst to complete the transfer within 15 days from the program start date. Students, who wish to transfer out to other institutions, must inform the International Student Analyst of their intent to transfer and provide the complete name and the school code of the school to which they are transferring.
Students currently in the U.S. in J-1, H1B, or B1/B2 visa status who are admitted to the University of Redlands must contact the International Student Analyst to be advised on change of status to F-1.

There are more than 1,700 trees on the University of Redlands campus.

In April 2010, it was designated a Tree Campus USA by the Arbor Day Foundation. Redlands is among just three other colleges or universities in California to receive this designation.

More »