What is Wellness?
• a process in which individuals actively make choices to promote optimum health.
• a word that describes you, doing your best
• health in the deepest and broadest sense of the word
• your life at a balanced optimum
Why should you care?
• Wellness research shows that Americans who take care of themselves and manage their lifestyles are healthier, more productive, have fewer absences from work, and make fewer demands for medical services. An article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association indicated that, in one study, the "wellness" approach resulted in a 17 percent decline in total medical visits and a 35 percent decline in medical visits for minor illnesses.