Residence Life and Housing
Visit Residence Life and Housing on Facebook!
Building Lasting Communities of Learning
All students at the University of Redlands are required to live on campus for the duration of their undergraduate career except in specific circumstances. Redlands students place a high priority on creating a genuine sense of community in our residence halls. Hall staff members and other student leaders play a pivotal role in planning hall activities and programs that encourage students to grapple with social and intellectual challenges.
Our departmental mission statement is Building Lasting Communities of Learning. We strive to do this by:
Fostering the development of health interpersonal relationships.
Stimulating a dedication to responsible community engagement.
Encourage growth, self-discovery, and self-advocacy.
Developing a commitment to diversity awareness and social justice.
The Community Standards Process challenges all of our students to facilitate and evaluate what they want their own communities to be. Hall staff do many social and educational programs, and resident-initiated programming is also always encouraged and desired.
Each Residence Hall Community consists of a number of staff members who work to ensure that the communities are running smoothly and that our students feel safe to be themselves, explore their identities, and learn and grow together.
Housing Dates for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
- Fall Move-In
- August 30th New students move in from 8-12pm
- September 4th Returning students move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, or 8-10pm
- Early Arrivals: Some students, new and returning, will move-in earlier than the published arrival dates as they are members of an Early Arrival Group. These students have prior permission to check-in at a different date/time and will receive additional information about move-in from their group's representative. Should a student want to arrive early and is not a member of an Early Arrival Group, they may fill out the Early Arrival Request form on the myRedlands Housing portal under Applications and Forms from August 1st-30th.
- October 9th and 10th Fall Break Study Days (all communities remain open)
- November 22nd-24th Thanksgiving Break (all communities remain open)
- December 17th Winter Break begins and halls close at 10am
- Spring Move-In
- January 7th New students move in from 8-10am
- January 7th Returning students halls open at 2pm
- February 26th-March 2nd Spring Break (all communities remain open)
- April 21st Move out for students not enrolled in May Term by 2pm
- April 23rd-27th May Break (some communities will close for May Term. See below.)
- April 29th May Term move in from 8-10am, 2-5pm, and 8-10pm
- Some communities will close for May Term (East, Fairmont, Grove, Melrose, Williams, and others) with residents residing in those communities for May Term being assigned new locations.
- May 25th All communities close for the summer at 2pm