Prospective Students

How To Apply

Students study in Armacost Library

Who Should Apply as a Freshman?


Freshmen applicants are those who will enter Redlands with fewer than 24 transferrable college semester credits. If you’re a high school senior, this is probably you! 

Click here to apply.

When Should I Apply?

The University of Redlands offers fall admission in two phases: Early Action (Nov. 15) and Regular Decision (Jan. 15). Applications submitted beyond these deadlines will be considered on a space available basis. 

However, there are other deadlines for freshmen applicants, mostly relating to scholarships and financial aid.

How Do I Apply?

Step 1: Submit the SAT I or ACT

We require either the SAT I or the ACT. You may take both tests as many times as you’d like, and are encouraged to send us all scores from all your sittings, as Redlands will mix-and-match scores. You should arrange to have your scores sent to the Office of Admissions.

Our Standardized Test school code is 4848 for the SAT and 0464 for the ACT.

We do not require SAT II subject tests. For more information, please see our standardized test policies.

Step 2: Complete the Application

As part of the application, submit the $30 application fee.

Step 3: Submit the “Secondary School Report” Form

The Secondary School Report Form and/or Counselor Report should be filled out by an administrative official (director of guidance, counselor, principal, vice principal or dean) and sent directly to the Office of Admissions.

Step 4: Submit a Teacher Evaluation

The Teacher Evaluation form should be completed by an academic instructor, and sent to the Office of Admissions. Academic subjects include math, science, English, history, foreign language, humanities and social sciences. Please note that recommendations from coaches, club advisors, music directors, or other extra-curricular advisors are generally not accepted as a primary recommendation. You are welcome, however, to submit them as secondary recommendations.

Step 5: Submit Your Official High School Transcript

An official, endorsed transcript of your high school work must be sent directly from your school to the university. Transcripts that are mailed or hand-delivered by the student are not considered official. Transcripts should be mailed to our admissions office or submitted by a school official via Common Application.

Step 6: Submit Official College or University Transcripts

If you have participated in any for-credit courses at a community college or university you will need to submit an official, endorsed copy of the transcript to the admissions office. This includes courses taken concurrently while in high school or during the summer. Please note that students who have graduated from high school, but do not have 24 transferrable semester units, will be reviewed as a freshman applicant.

The transcript must be sent directly from the college or university to our office. Transcripts that are mailed or hand-delivered by the student are not considered official. Transcripts should be mailed directly to our admissions office.

Step 7: Submit Additional Forms, As Needed

Some students, including those students planning to participate in specialty programs within the university, must submit additional applications or forms. These include:

Step 8: Schedule a Visit

We welcome visits - in fact, we think your campus visit will tell you a lot more than we can in print or on the Web. Consider visiting during your spring break or when your schedule allows, and note that if you're applying to the School of Music, you should audition on one of the Audition Saturdays. More about scheduling...

Step 9: Explore Financial Aid

If you're applying for need-based financial aid, we encourage you to complete and submit your admission application to Redlands by January 15.

You can begin the actual financial aid process Jan. 1 - which is the earliest you may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA should be submitted by March 2 to the Department of Education. Our U.S. Department of Education Institutional Code is 001322. California residents should also complete the Cal Grant GPA verification form by March 2. This form is available at your current school. You may also request the form from the Office of Financial Aid or the California Student Aid Commission.


Casavant Pipe Organ

The 83-year-old instrument was fully restored in 2003 and features 4,266 pipes.

Read More »