APPLICATION PROCESS: Please read the entire page very carefully. If you have further questions, please contact us at (909) 748-8061.
The Department of Communicative Disorders invites you to apply to our graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology. The University of Redlands uses the CSDCAS Online Centralization Application Process portal for admittance to the Fall 2014 semester. CSDCAS is a web-based application that offers applicants a way to apply to multiple clinical education programs in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology by completing one single application. For instructions, please create an account with CSDCAS.
Deadline: The deadline to apply through CSDCAS is January 15, 2014. You must have all of your application materials to CSDCAS by that date or your application will be incomplete and ineligible for consideration.
- GRE scores need to be sent directly to CSDCAS CDIS designated institution code 1137.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation are required. They must be submitted via the CSDCAS portal. A minimum of two submissions from professors are required. The other letter may be from a professor, supervisor or someone who can comment on your ability to be a successful graduate student.
- Your Personal Essay will also be submitted via CSDCAS.
- In a short essay of 500 words or less, address the following: Tell us about your intellectual curiosity in this field, describe how you plan to apply that curiosity to clinical practice, and tell us what makes you uniquely qualified to execute this plan.
- Request to have Official Transcripts from each college and/or university sent directly from the college/university to CSDCAS at the address listed below:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
NOTE: If you are accepted for admission but do not have an undergraduate degree in Communicative Disorders or have not completed the five (5) prerequisite courses, you will be admitted as a Grad Plus student.
Requirements for a complete application file for University of Redlands Communicative Disorders Master's program:
- Complete this form .
- Send the form with a $40 check or money order made payable to University of Redlands, postmarked by January 15*, 2014. (*Please note that this deadline has been changed from January 1, 2014 to January 15, 2014 to accommodate the winter closure of the department.)
- Complete CSDCAS online application by January 15, 2014.
NOTE: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 to be considered.
International Students- In addition to the requirements listed above, you must send CSDCAS your transcript evaluation which has been evaluated by IERF or WES. You must also take and submit the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the Pearson Test of English (PTE). Passing scores are as follows:
- At least a 90 or better on the TOEFL
- At least an 8.0 on the IELTS
- At least 80 on the PTE
- Please make sure you take the exam in time for CSDCAS to receive the scores.
- Your application can be reviewed by the department without a financial statement. However, if you are admitted, you will be required to submit one before enrolling at Redlands. Non U.S. citizens must show proof of financial resources to cover the expenses of the program (minimum of U.S. $41,000). If funding for a degree program is provided by a sponsoring agency, please include a letter from that agency indicating the amount of support that will be furnished. If funding is from a personal source, please send a certified bank statement showing activity in the account for the past six months.
If you have questions please phone (909) 748-8061.
Please click here for the dates and times. Please call our office to RSVP (909)748-8061. Map to Truesdail