APPLICATION PROCESS: Please read the entire page very carefully. Please note that there is a "Frequently Asked Questions" link further down the page that is extremely helpful, as well. All of the information regarding the application process is for both "regular" graduate applicants as well as Grad Plus applicants. There is only one application cycle and process for both. If after reading our webpages you have further questions, please contact us at 909-748-8061.
The Department of Communicative Disorders invites you to apply to our graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology. The application cycle is September 17, 2015 through January 15, 2016. The University of Redlands uses the CSDCAS Online Centralization Application Process Portal for admittance to the Fall 2016 semester (for "regular" graduate students) and Spring 2017 semester (for Grad Plus students). CSDCAS is a web-based application that offers applicants a way to apply to multiple clinical education programs in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology by completing one single application. For instructions, please create an account with CSDCAS at https://csdcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login.
Deadline: The deadline to apply through CSDCAS is January 15, 2016. (The application cycle opens September 17, 2015.) You must have your application submitted to CSDCAS by January 15, 2016 or your application will be incomplete and ineligible for consideration. Application documents do not need to be verfied by CSDCAS by the deadline to be considered. All of the following documents must be sent to directly to CSDCAS:
- GRE Scores: University of Redlands' CSDCAS CDIS designated institution code is 1137.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation: A minimum of two submissions from professors are required. The other letter may be from a professor, supervisor or someone who can comment on your ability to be a successful graduate student. If you have been out of school for a period of time, you may submit three letters from current colleagues. Please note that one of the colleagues must be your supervisor.
- Personal Essay:
- In a short essay of 500 words or less, address the following: Tell us about your intellectual curiosity in this field, describe how you plan to apply that curiosity to clinical practice, and tell us what makes you uniquely qualified to execute this plan.
- Official Transcripts: Sent from each college and/or university you have attended. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 by the application deadline (January 15th) to be considered. Your application will not be reviewed with a cumulative GPA less than 3.0.
If you are accepted for admission but do not have an undergraduate degree in Communicative Disorders or have not completed the five (5) prerequisite courses prior to the program start date, you will be admitted as a Grad Plus student with an admit date of spring (January) 2017. (See Frequently Asked Questions below on definition of Grad Plus.)
International Students- In addition to the requirements listed above, you must send CSDCAS your transcript evaluation which has been evaluated by IERF or WES. You must also take and submit the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the Pearson Test of English (PTE). Passing scores are as follows:
- At least a 90 or better on the TOEFL
- At least an 8.0 on the IELTS
- At least 80 on the PTE
Your application can be reviewed by the department without a financial statement. However, if you are admitted, you will be required to submit one before enrolling at Redlands. Non U.S. citizens must show proof of financial resources to cover the expenses of the program (minimum of U.S. $41,000). If funding for a degree program is provided by a sponsoring agency, please include a letter from that agency indicating the amount of support that will be furnished. If funding is from a personal source, please send a certified bank statement showing activity in the account for the past six months.
If you have questions please phone 909-748-8061.
Please click here for the dates and times. Please call our office to RSVP: 909-748-8061. Map to Truesdail