International Prospective Students

International Students

Fullbright Scholars

International students—anyone who is not a citizen of the U.S. or who does not have a U.S. Permanent Resident Visa, must apply as an international student. This process typically includes the regular application process plus some additional documentation.


Students whose primary language is not English are required to take the SAT or ACT and any of the following English proficiency exams: IELTS, TOEFL, APIEL, PTE-A, iTEP, University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations or the International Baccalaureate Higher Level English exam.


Students also typically must submit a Certificate of Finances, which is required by the federal government to ensure international applicants have sufficient resources to pay for school expenses. Some merit scholarships are available to international students.


The paperwork for the International Student Supplement—an application that asks questions unique to international students—also is required.

The University has five Centers of Distinction.
student playing a cello

Redlands is committed to offering innovative learning opportunities inside and outside of the classroom.

More »