APPLICATION PROCESS: Please read the entire page prior to calling our office.
The Department of Communicative Disorders invites you to apply to our graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology. The University of Redlands uses the CSDCAS Online Centralization Application Process for admittance into the Fall 2014 semester. CSDCAS is a web-based application that offers applicants a way to apply to multiple clinical education programs in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology by completing one single application.
Deadline: The deadline to apply through CSDCAS is January 15, 2014. You must have all of your application materials to CSDCAS by that date or your application will not be reviewed.
- GRE Scores need to be sent directly to CSDCAS, CDIS designated institution code 1137.
- Letters of Recommendation-Three letters of recommendation are required and are to be submitted via the CSDCAS portal. For instructions please create an account with CSDCAS. At least two submissions from professors are required. The other letter may be from a professor, supervisor, or someone who can comment on your ability to be a successful graduate student.
- Essay-Your essay will also be submitted via CSDCAS.
- In a short essay of 500 words or less, address the following: Tell us about your intellectual curiosity in this field, describe how you plan to apply that curiosity to clinical practice, and tell us what makes you uniquely qualified to execute this plan.
- Transcripts-Request to have an official set of transcripts from each college and/or university sent directly from the college/university to CSDCAS to the address listed below.
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
NOTE: There are five prerequisite courses. If you are accepted for admission but you do not have an undergraduate degree in CDIS and have not completed these five courses you will be admitted as a 3 year student.
University of Redlands requirements for all Communicative Disorders program applicants:
- In order for an application to be considered you will need to complete this form .
- Send the form with a check or money order in the amount of $40.00 made payable to the University of Redlands this form must be postmarked by January 1, 2014.
- We must have the CSDCAS application, U of R 1 page application and $40.00 for a complete file.
University of Redlands, Truesdail Building, 1200 E. Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373
- GPA-Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 to apply.
International Students- In addition to the requirements listed above, you must send CSDCAS your transcript evaluation which has been evaluated by IERF or WES. You must also take and submit the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the Pearson Test of English (PTE). Passing scores are as follows:
- At least a 90 or better on the TOEFL
- At least an 8.0 on the IELTS
- At least 80 on the PTE
- Please make sure you take the exam in time for CSDCAS to receive the scores.
- If you are admitted, you will be required to submit a financial statement. Your application can be reviewed by the department without your financial statement. However, before enrolling at Redlands, non U.S. citizens must show proof of financial resources to cover the expenses of the program (minimum of U.S. $41,000) If funding for a degree program is provided by a sponsoring agency, please include a letter from that agency indicating the amount of support that will be furnished. If funding is from a personal source, please send a certified bank statement showing activity in the account for the past six months.
If you have questions please phone (909)748-8061.
Please click here for the dates and times. Please call our office to RSVP. 909.748.8061 Map to Truesdail