Prospective Students

Graduate International Students

palm trees

We appreciate the unique perspective international students often bring to our graduate programs.

International students—anyone who is not a citizen of the U.S. or who does not have a U.S. Permanent Resident Visa—must apply using the established application process for international students. This process typically includes the regular application process, as well as some additional documents. In some cases, students whose primary language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

Students who have completed an undergraduate degree(s) abroad are required to submit transcripts to the International Education Research Foundation (IERF) for official evaluation. 

Students also typically must submit a certificate of finances, which is required by the federal government to ensure international applicants have sufficient resources to pay for school expenses. Some merit scholarships are available to students, including international students.

The paperwork for the international student supplement—an¬†application that asks questions unique to to international students—also is required.

The University has a long tradition of encouraging and supporting study abroad.

More than 47 percent of Redlands undergraduates participate in study abroad programs.

More »