The primary goal of Media Services is to serve the academic interests of the University. Non-academic projects will also be accepted provided that the project does not interfere with academic support or standard services.
Media Services maintains an inventory of audio, video, and computer equipment intended for use in classrooms on campus. Media Services will deliver and retrieve equipment to classrooms in their official locations as listed in the schedule of classes.
All requests require a minimum of one business day notice (however, a two to three business days notice is suggested). Requests are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Fulfillment of requests are dependent on the availability of equipment and staff.
Requests are best made by email. To submit a request, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Event Description
- Equipment needed
- Time/date(s) needed (including event start and end times)
- Contact information (name, phone, e-mail address, department contact)
Media Services is unable to confirm media request changes if they are not submitted during normal office hours. The direct line phone number to Media Services is 909-748-8923.
Media Services supports Redlands-owned technology in on-campus classrooms (except for equipment in classrooms designated as Technology Enabled Classrooms (TEC) or Computer Labs which fall under the control Academic Computing and Instructional Technology Services).
Please note that:
- Media Services can only support technology that is owned by the university.
- Due to the wide array of technology available, Media Services cannot guarantee the compatibility of Media Services-owned equipment with technology from other sources (including personal laptop computers).
- While Media Services makes every effort to assure the functionality of classroom-based technology, it is not possible to guarantee 100% reliability. There will be times when the removal and repair of equipment will be necessary. With this in mind, it is essential to have a back-up lecture or event plan that is not dependant on technology.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday—8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during which all requests will be processed and Media Services administrative staff will be available. Media Services observes all University staff holidays.
Classroom Support Hours:
Monday through Thursday—8 a.m. until 10 p.m.; Friday—8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Weekends and Extended hours (before 8 a.m. and after 10 p.m.): Requests are accepted on a limited basis and require a minimum of seven days notice in order to assure proper staffing. Seven days notice does not guarantee that we will be able to fulfill your request, but it allows Media Services time to explore other options if necessary.