Administrative Assistant II - Part-Time
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II – Part-Time
POSITION CODE: S6964
DEPARTMENT: Business Administration, CAS
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 Month/20 Hour
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.32 - $17.28 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six months
POSTING DATE: August 22, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to September 5, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistical support; aids and assists students and faculty in the efficient operation for the Business Administration Department. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in the administration of the Business Administration Departments programs, including coordination with other academic departments, campus programs, student groups, and offices within the University.
- Assists with the organization of campus events and programs in Business Administration Dept., including logistical support requiring scheduling, preparation of materials, etc.
- Provides clerical support for the office such as preparing and copying course materials, filing, maintaining records; sorting and distributing mail. Assists with budget management, processes check requests and reimbursement requests for expenses related to faculty activities and travel.
- Provides information in person and over the telephone to visitors, administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- Prepares materials including spreadsheets related to program management, course schedules, classrooms use, etc.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Coordinates activities, instructs, reviews and assigns work, and completes performance evaluation of student workers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, secretarial, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty and students. Must be able to competently interact with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or www.redlands.edu
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER