Library Technical Assistant III
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Library Technical Assistant III
POSITION CODE: S6965
DEPARTMENT: Armacost Library
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 Month/40 Hour
SCHEDULE: Friday – Saturday: 9:30a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday – Sunday: 11:30a.m. – 8:00p.m.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $ 15.13 - $16.02 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six months
AVAILABLE: September 8, 2014
POSTING DATE: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to August 29, 2014
DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for proactive customer service assessing patron information needs, orienting and guiding patrons in use of library resources, and resolving patron problems and complaints. Additionally this position is responsible for securing/closing the building and maintaining overall safety of the library. This position is also the primary library technical assistant responsible for all circulation systems including reserves, patron database maintenance, and billing.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist patrons in finding materials and resolve patron problems related to circulation functions.
- Manage reserves department and administer reserve subsystem.
- Maintain reserve collections and related web pages.
- Coordinate activities, instruct, and complete performance evaluation of student workers.
- Provide information in person, via email, and over the telephone.
- Secure/close the building and maintain overall safety of the library.
- Oversee stack maintenance and re-shelving; update shelf labels.
- Audit and maintain cash box; oversee courtesy, overdue and billing notices.
- Contribute to team by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Maintain department confidence and safeguard operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field, and one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position. Considerable knowledge of library access services, systems, procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty and students. Must be able to competently interact with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER