Recycling Transportation Technician II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Recycling Transportation Technician II
POSITION CODE: S6963
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours per week
STARTING SALARY: $15.13 – $16.02 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: August 8, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to August 22, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs the basic functions of the transportation/recycling operation.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs functions of the recycling operations, including emptying recycling bins, sorting contents by category, and making daily pick-ups of cardboard and other recyclable items.
- Communicates with campus constituents to identify needs and determine timeline; prioritizes work orders to ensure campus needs are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Coordinates office moves.
- Transports furniture to and from offices and residence halls. Disassembles and assembles desks and furniture.
- Transports refuse using special purpose vehicle with lift gate and equipment to the refuse compactor.
- Operates the industrial refuse compactor.
- Delivers recyclable items to vendors.
- Makes various pick-ups off campus.
- Maintains transportation and recycle equipment, including a 12 foot trailer, electric utility cart, stake bed truck, bin truck with hydraulic lifts, transportation truck with lift gate and an industrial refuse compactor.
- Cleans the Transportation/Recycle Shop area, the recycling and refuse containers, washes the department vehicles.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a similar position. Selected candidate will be experienced with various equipment such as a stake bed truck with lift gate, bin truck with hydraulic lifts, electric cart and trailer. Must be able to interpret and follow written instructions. Must possess good organizational skills, good communication and interpersonal skills. Successful candidate will be able to work independently in an outdoor environment, moving around campus with some exposure to inclement weather. Selected candidate will possess a valid driver's license. Must be in excellent physical condition, able to lift, bend, stoop, push, pull and climb. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed and a current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline dates specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER