Executive Secretary to the Dean - School of Education
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Executive Secretary to the Dean
POSITION CODE: A6803
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
APPOINTMENT: Administrative non-exempt, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $20.43 - $21.64
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Dean, the Executive Assistant functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and implementation of the operations of the School of Education; performs a high level of administrative support, budget management and collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and administrative departments to manage the flow of work through the Dean’s Office with a high degree of professionalism, tact and confidentiality.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Maintains the Deans’ schedules, coordinates and arranges conferences, and travel; coordinates appointments and meetings with direct reports, donors, trustees, faculty and others both inside and outside the University community.
- Maintains and manages departmental budgets using a spreadsheet program and WebAdvisor; prepares purchase orders and processes internal reimbursement requests, check requests and other budget documents as necessary; prepares and processes expense reports, monitors academic expense and travel requests to ensure compliance with budget, expense and travel guidelines; processing out going and in-coming mail; ordering and maintaining office supply inventory.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents in support of the Dean and Associate Dean; types, proofs, duplicates and distributes.
- Responsible for follow-up on action of committees, major initiatives and projects, or other assigned groups to ensure that decisions are implemented, contracts are prepared and appropriate parties are notified.
- Provides frequent assistance in person or over the telephone assistance to students, faculty and internal personnel, which requires a high degree of tact, confidentiality and professional knowledge.
- May supervise and direct the work of other administrative assistant and student workers.
- Works collaboratively with other academic department Administrative Assistants, staff and student workers to provide leadership, mentoring, training and completion of special projects as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs or general office and a minimum of eight (8) years of high level experience or an equivalent combination thereof (post high school education and experience). Bachelor's degree preferred. Successful candidates will have experience working for a high producer in professional and civic affairs; making independent judgments; ability to coordinate office detail in conjunction with policy; proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations; ability to master a wide range of relationships, tasks, and perspectives required; be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs and other technology-related tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Candidates must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills. A valid Driver’s License is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER