Director of Study Abroad & May Term Travel
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Study Abroad and May Term Travel
POSITION CODE: A6802
DEPARTMENT: Dean’s Office, College of Arts and Sciences
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: Resume review begins October 15th
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, the Director of Study Abroad and May Term Travel will administer all parts of University of Redlands undergraduate study abroad including marketing, recruitment, assisting and advising students in program choice, and managing the overall application process for semester and year-long programs including three UR programs and approximately 15 short term faculty-led May Term Travel courses. The Director is a member of the Dean’s Working Group.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Meets with students and prospective students and to tailor study abroad information to meet academic and personal goals.
- Provides support to faculty leaders organizing semester-long and May Term Travel (Oaxaca, EEI-Costa Rica, and Salzburg) Courses; works with faculty leaders in preparing budgets, itineraries, and minimizing health and safety risks to program participants.
- Serves as main campus liaison for the Salzburg Program including student recruitment, visa coordination with the Austrian Consulate, and works with faculty and administrators as a member of the Salzburg Advisory Committee
- Manages and serves as the liaison for exchange institutions and third party providers.
- Represents the Study Abroad Office at General Information Sessions, the Study Abroad Fair, May Term Travel Fair, Visitation Days, New Student Programs, Parent Programs, and other meetings of professional groups or organization.
- Organizes and conducts general information sessions, focus meetings, orientation, pre-departure, and reentry programs; coordinates marketing and outreach activities.
- Performs financial management for all study abroad programs and works collaboratively with the Business and Finance Office in strategic planning; manages program budget.
- Manages administrative and risk management issues; communicates policies, procedures, and deadlines;
- Works closely with lead administrators and faculty on goals related to internationalization; may serve on committees;
- Develops and maintains excellent communication and working relationships with administrative units on campus including Student Life, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, and Business Office; supervises staff and works with Graduate Management Intern and student workers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in a relevant field of study. Minimum 5 years of work experience in study abroad programs. International experience, include study and/or work abroad. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in international education. Experience working in higher education with diverse students, faculty and/or study abroad programs. Excellent communication skills. Experience managing complex budgets. Experience with risk management and emergency protocols. Available to work some evenings and weekends. Able to travel domestically and internationally. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER