Human Resources Manager, Employment & Employee Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Human Resources Manager, Employment and Employee Relations
POSITION CODE: A6806
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: August 1, 2014
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Manages human resources programs and policies including recruitment, classification, compensation, and employee relations; performs complex managerial and analytical work.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and directs specific personnel programs, including, but not limited to, recruitment, classification and compensation, and employee relations; analyzes recruitment and termination statistics to determine trends and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, evaluates, and directs the work of a human resources professional; makes personnel decisions, such as hiring, coaching, counseling, and discipline staff, preparing and delivering performance evaluations.
- Determines optimal recruitment and advertising strategies.
- Manages relationships with outside recruiters and temporary agencies; negotiates terms and fees.
- Handles University employee relations issues, situations and grievances in a calm and effective manner; develops and maintains effective relations with departments, assisting, counseling and training departments as appropriate.
- Interprets and applies laws, regulations, rules and policies; analyzes existing and drafts proposed University policies and procedures.
- Manages the University performance evaluation process; works with supervisors to review and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Manages the preparation of various compensation surveys including AICCU, IPEDS, and CUPA and the preparation of data analysis as related.
- Conducts position classification and compensation studies and analysis needed to maintain the University’s position classifications.
- Represents the University in unemployment insurance matters, including filing protests, attending hearings, reviewing and completing EDD forms, invoices and statements.
- Manages the University’s On-boarding process.
- Assists in the management and development of training and professional development programs for University employees.
- Determines workload methods and standards, establishes measures of effectiveness, evaluates and implements changes in work methods as needed.
- Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as directed or assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or other closely related field, Master degree preferred, a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a related position or an equivalent combination thereof. Human Resources Management certificate, experience in an educational setting is highly desirable. Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, communications skills both written and verbal. Successful candidate must be multi-task oriented, able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, and be able to work with minimal supervision. The successful candidate should have well-developed research and analysis skills and be proficient with personal computer operations, primarily word-processing and spreadsheet applications. Familiarity with HRIS is desirable. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 or
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER