Purchasing Office Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Purchasing Office Coordinator
POSITION CODE: S6950
DEPARTMENT: Office Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $16.32 to $17.28 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to August 22, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of Office Services Manager, provides a high level of professionalism in the management of the University’s relationship with consumable office product vendor(s) and the campus community. Performs all tasks related to the issuance of purchase orders, provides clerical/secretarial support to Office Services department and Manager.
- Communicates on a daily basis with university departments concerning office product needs, information, on line ordering, questions and problem resolution. Researches information and product recommendations on office products. Centrally manages university’s online account with product vendors.
- Facilitates the set-up and maintenance of department account/customer records for the vendor(s) ordering systems.
- Manages the University’s relationships with office product vendor(s) including the coordination and monitoring of vendor relations and performance. Monitors vendor(s) adherence to contract terms, pricing, quality and delivery and provides manager analysis and recommends necessary action.
- Reviews for payment, all invoices, credits and billings submitted by vendors for accuracy, completeness and correct pricing.
- Prepares and maintains spreadsheets providing Manager with monthly reconciliation between purchases and department charge backs; responsible for preparing monthly billing file for A/P.
- Maintains purchase requisitions and purchase order files, including entering of purchase order information into the Colleague database system, creation, printing and distributions of purchase orders.
- Creates and distributes Office Services correspondence, processes office mail, assists customers at the counter when required.
- Maintains department confidentiality; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, marketing, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a position with a high degree of public contact and an increasing progression of responsibilities or an equivalent combination thereof. Working knowledge of procurement, word processing, spreadsheet, database software programs. Basic knowledge of recordkeeping. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to cooperatively work with on and off campus contacts; competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff; interpret regulations; handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Upon offer of employment a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. A pre-employment physical examination must be successfully completed after offer of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.