Building Maintenance Worker I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITON: Building Maintenance Worker I
POSITON CODE: S6958
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/40 hours – Mon-Fri 7:00am to 4:00pm
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $20.57 - $21.78
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: July 25, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to August 8, 2014
DESCRIPTION: Under minimal supervision, provides maintenance and repairs to University buildings. Completes service work and maintenance orders for all maintenance requests such as electrical, plumbing, heating & air conditioning, and carpentry work. Assists the Building maintenance manager and Building Maintenance II Technicians on complex or large projects.
- Preserves and maintains a variety of architectural styles that exist in buildings on campus by repairing, maintaining, and remodeling as necessary.
- Responsible for roofing systems, floor coverings, furniture, glazing, door systems, interior/exterior wall systems, mechanical systems, electrical systems, plumbing systems and all other building related components.
- Performs building needs assessments and initiates repairs that will maintain the building into perpetuity.
- Maintains University issued tools and equipment.
- Assists Building Maintenance Manager and Building Maintenance II Technicians on complex or large projects
- Prepares service work request orders, orders replacement parts, supplies, tools, etc. as necessary.
- Maintains document records and equipment inventory using computerized maintenance management system.
- Supports campus events and activities such as Commencement, User Groups, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by two (2) to three (3) year of additional course work or training in basic electricity standards, plumbing and or carpentry with minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a similar position. Selected candidate will possess knowledge of electricity and the National Electric Code, plumbing, carpentry, grounds maintenance, and OSHA safety rules and regulations and procedures including proper use and disposal of hazardous materials. Position requires the physical agility to perform the required duties in a safe and productive manner, to utilize and operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment and to be able to work at various heights. Selected candidate will possess a valid driver’s license and demonstrate a good driving record with a current DMV printout after offer of employment. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER