ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST
POSITION CODE: A6799
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: July 11, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Director for Human Resources, manages professional work in the areas of the personnel budget, financial support, regulatory research and analysis. Manages and prioritizes tasks in support of cross-departmental assignments.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs financial analysis, data gathering and analytical tasks in connection with the development, monitoring and maintenance of the personnel and benefits budget, contract and vendor payments, contingency transfers and salary savings, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Serves as the liaison and conducts research for the campus community with respect to inquiries regarding the personnel budget and expenditure transfers.
- Prepares various tax documents including the annual 5500 reports and Medicare Part D reporting.
- Prepares and maintains records for University’s 403(b) retirement plan audit, payroll audit, and year-end audits.
- Performs periodic detailed reconciliation of all general ledger accounts pertaining to Human Resources, which includes the sweeping of funds by creating proper Budget and Journal entries on an ongoing basis.
- Manages and prepares various compensation surveys including AICCU, IPEDS, and CUPA; prepares data analysis as related.
- Manages the reconciliation of the University’s retirement accounts, calculates maximum contributions and maintains the life-to-date contribution file and identifies 403(g) limits.
- Manages the on-line files related to employee based training.
- Researches, analyzes, and interprets complex information from a variety of regulatory and higher education resources to assist in preparing reports, talking points, briefing letters, and presentations.
- Coordinates special projects for the Human Resources Department in conjunction with the Human Resources team. Serves as a liaison with various offices for regular activities and events.
- Researches, recommends, and prepares a variety of policies and procedures related to Human Resources initiatives and endeavors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Human Resources or a related field with a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience in a related position, or an equivalent combination thereof. A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, and civic affairs is highly desirable. Advanced experience with MS Office, reporting, computer spreadsheets, and database applications required. Familiarity with ADP HRIS programs is desirable. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, excellent organizational skills, be detail oriented, possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to present financial, benefit, and regulatory information in a manner easily understood by non-financial individuals. Must have exceptional organizational, research communication and analytical skills. Ability to work independently and manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines. Proven experience handling highly confidential sensitive materials and situations; work with numbers and perform mathematical calculations competently. Travel to regional campuses may be required. Ability to master a wide range of relationships, tasks, and perspectives is required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER